Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Baby Talk

Over the last week or so Alyssa has gotten her 'sea legs' and started walking without being all wobbly and looking like a miniature drunken sailor. Just to show off she has decided to start talking. Technically her first word was 'hi.' and it is sweet because she says it at the appropriate times and real softly. Then the other night I held up the phone to her ear so Nathan could talk to her for a minute and let her hear his voice and clear as a bell she said 'Dah-dee'! Nathan was so touched and I was a tiny bit jealous, but the moment was sweet so I let it go. The last word isn't exactly a word that could be found in Webster's but when Kennedy was first speaking when she said 'love you' she said it like 'buhboo' and our family has kind of adopted it and it has become a special little way we have of telling each other we love each other. Anyway, I said it to Aly tonight and she said it right back to me! I couldn't believe it! I am willing to admit she might have just been repeating sounds but I don't care she said 'buhboo' to me and my heart melted. I have to enjoy the little stuff cuz we all know that someday in the not too far future the things coming out of Aly's mouth might not be as sweet! :)

1 comment:

hf said...

I love that stage! Not everything to do with it, but hearing some of the fun new words is precious.

lllllll