Sunday, January 13, 2008

'Dungeons' & Dragons





HEAR YE, HEAR YE! On the eve of Saturday the Jensens traveled back to Medieval times to see how Lords and Ladies really lived -minus the lack of plumbing, fresh water, the plague...that was all extra. Nathan heard an ad for Medieval Times which does a dinner show while the Knights really joust and sword fight and they use real horses etc. Nathan and I could hardly wait to see the children's reaction- especially Kohen's. We let Kennedy wear her favorite princess dress and Kohen got to wear his Dungeons (aka.-his armor). We met our friends the Lintons there and all of the children were amazed by the building because it looks like a giant castle on the outside and the inside was decorated accordingly. Kohen was awe struck long before the show even started. When they served us our dinner on all pewter dishes -without any silverware- Kohen thought it was great and dug right in while Kennedy was turned off by the idea of getting her hands dirty, on purpose. The show started, Kohen's mouth dropped to the floor and pretty much stayed there until the show was over. In fact, beside cheering for our sections Knight (who won the tournament, btw) Kohen hardly said a word except for when someone would leave the arena he would get upset and say, 'I want the horses to come back!' or 'I want the dungeon (knight) to come back!'. Kennedy especially enjoyed the Princesses royal role in the show. And even Aly remained pretty entertained. It was so fun to take the kids to see the show, but as Kohen goes around swinging his sword at all of the 'wenches' in our house this morning I am hoping he starts to forget some of the new fighting techniques he saw. Ah, but it was still worth it to see their reactions. And the peasants cheered!!!!

6 comments:

Bell Family said...

Tommy and I went there a few summers ago when my family was out here to visit. I just remember the food not being very good. Looks like Kohen enjoyed himself though.

ej said...

Yeah- the food leaves something to be desired in my opinion but Nathan, Kohen, and even Aly didn't seem to mind. Just Kenna and I :)

hf said...

HAZZAAAHHH! Glad you had a great time!

Sarah said...

That looks like so much fun...sounds like the kids reactions made it ten times better. Did you and Nathan enjoy the show as much as the kids did?

Hannah said...

So classic! I'll have to remember this when my little boy is old enough to recognize what's going on! I love the pics of Kohen!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! way back when...i went to in cali. LOVED it. i mostly love that your kids dressed the parts. that is too fun. what a fabulous memory for your family. boise needs one of those! red robin just isn't cutting it anymore.

lllllll