Friday, January 18, 2008

Woo Hoo!!!

The time has finally come! Our little family is getting on a plane tomorrow morning and by early afternoon we will be in St.Thomas, Virgin Islands!!! Several months ago Nathan and I decided that our family had had to spend so much time apart last year that all we wanted to do was go sit on a beach somewhere and play together. So this is Nathan and I's Christmas and we are both so excited to spend time as a family.
That brings me to the unfortunate news that I don't think I'll be blogging for a week while we are away because last night our laptop decided to officially go on fritz. Apparently it wants nothing to do with the Virgin Islands. Killjoy. Frankly I am a little nervous about being away from the blogosphere for a whole week! That, my friends, is an embarassing admission. Reading all of your blogs is such a fun way to procrastinate my other responsibilities. I indulge more than is prudent. But it is so fun I can't bring myself to feel guilty about it.
Randomly, American Idol has started. It is nice to have some new TV but I am also feeling a little disenchanted with the whole thing. For some reason it seems like a lot of the people who are auditioning that are terrible- are slow or something. It is one thing to say 'you can't sing' to an adult who, let's be honest, already knew they couldn't sing. It is something entirely different to make fun of people who are as innocent as a toddler and don't get that you are mocking them. I don't know, am I being overly sensitive? Also irritating this year is that Paula Abdul is recording a reality show of herself going through the Idol process so she is totally playing it up to her reality cameras that are off to the side of the auditioning area. I am so sick of watching her over react for her cameras. But all I can do is roll my eyes. I mean, I'm certainly not going to just turn it off am I? ...Am I?
Anyway, you'll have to keep checking CNN for a new super nova sighting in the Virgin Islands. But don't worry, it's just me. That's what it looks like when my bright white legs are revealed. Though since my skin cancer last year, sightings are more and more rare...to everyones relief :)

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Have an awesome time! I'm way jealous!

amber dawn said...

Sounds like way too much fun. Have a fruity drink on the beach for me!

shellydinger said...

I hope you guys have a great Relaxing time! You totally deserve it (please don't break any bones :)

Kristin said...

Have a wonderful trip! We can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

I miss your blogs... come back! Can't wait for your posting of pics and stories. I'm sure you had a fun, relaxing time. Rachel

lllllll