
In spite of everything we made it to St. Thomas of the U.S. Virgin Islands late afternoon on Saturday. Funny story. On our drive to Crystal Cove we were in a full 14 passenger van Taxi. The other passengers were all retirees and they thought our kids were sweet. Kohen picked up on this fact and became very talkative. He kept saying, "Scuse me sir," to the driver and then he would say something random about a bird he saw or whatever. At one point he quietly told me he needed 'to go poopy' and I quietly told him we were almost to our destination. Next thing I know he says, "Scuse me sir, I need to go poopy." He said it all matter of fact and the whole van got a good chuckle out of that.
We dropped off our things in the condo, threw on swimsuits and walked about 50ft out to our beach. Sapphire Beach happens to be one of the best snorkeling beaches on the island which was awesome. The weather was warm but rainy but we didn't care we were just happy to be there.
Sleeping posed a problem the first few nights and naps because Kohen kept the girls riled up until all hours and finally in a literal answer to prayers I thought of using ear plugs. It worked like a charm and they slept well the rest of the trip though Kohen did still have to sleep in our room for the week cuz he remained a bit mischievous.
There was a kitchen and so Nathan got groceries and in a gesture of true love he made, served and cleaned up breakfast, lunch and dinners the entire week...My heart skips a beat just thinking about it :). It made it feel like a real vacation for me. The Condo was older but well kept and met all of our needs. We mostly just got up, went to the beach, came back for lunch and naps and then back out to the beach until dinner. The weather was not perfect the first three days but we didn't care, it was still warm and beautiful.



6 comments:
I'm so glad that you're back! The pictures look so amazing. I'm excited to hear/see more. and I love Aly's curls!
Erin-
So glad you had a great time. You deserve it. Sorry about your grandpa. Hope the vacation gave you the bust to jump back into everyday life.
Oh my heavens! I love the pictures- it looks like the kids really enjoyed the beach- I can't wait to hear about it!
That is my kind of vacation...forget the snow. I love the beach. I am still laughing about the poopy comment.
Oh this sounds so nice! Especially the part about nathan making ALL the meals. That is a REAL vacation. I'll have to remember the earplug trick.
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.
Bonnie
Post a Comment