Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Eve 2007




A couple of friends and I thought that we were so smart. We were talking about how we would love to be able to share the New Years Eve experience with our little ones but none of us are willing to turn their schedules upside down to do so. So we came up with the idea to celebrate New Years Eve along with Barcelona where it would be New Years in our early evening. That way we could have our children participate in ringing in the New Year but still get them into bed at a decent hour. Anyway, we went with the Spanish theme having salsa, tacos, toquitos etc. and even let the kids bat at a couple of pinatas which was easily the highlight of their night. I think I will perfect the idea and maybe we will celebrate in proxy with Paris next year...Devoi pron???

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Looks like the kids thought it was a blast. Cute idea!

Anonymous said...

what a grand idea. from the looks of it everyone had a hooray time. loved your report of talking in church. seriously i was laughing so hard which... is sad that the blogs seem to be such a highlight in my day. love to read bout your adventures...you have a tremendous writing talent. thanks!

Erica said...

We had a great time--you got great pictures, too. You had the perfect angle during the pinata "tackle". I need to get working on my blog--maybe I will get Christmas pictures up before Valentine's day!!!

lllllll