Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday and Wednesday of Trip



Tuesday it rained all day. It was still warm so we headed over to Coral World Aquarium. It rained on us a lot while we were there but we didn't mind too much. We got to see some Sea Turtles be fed and then got to feed the iguanas ourselves which was a hit. When asked what their favorite part was Kohen answered 'seeing Bruce.' and Kennedy said 'the Mermaid.' which was a stuffed mermaid in the gift shop. If it was her last ditch attempt to get that mermaid it didn't work :)That evening after dinner it wasn't raining for a bit so we went for a walk along the beach and looked for sea shells.

Wednesday we awoke to a sunny day, finally! We spent the entire day on the beach and as you may have seen, Nathan and I's favorite part of the day was when we realized Kohen and Kennedy were playing out a scene from the Little Mermaid- that had us laughing pretty good. The sun was so intense that we had to apply sunscreen literally every hour to the kids and swim shirts were mandatory. But it was nice to see the sun either way. I went snorkeling and was blown away. It looked a lot like a scene from 'Finding Nemo', and yes, Nemo was around. The water is so buoyant that you can float easily for as long as you want. Lots of people just go out a little ways and float for 20 minutes or so, it was so relaxing...

Unfortunately, Wed. night Kohen came down with the Croup, (the Croup in the Caribbean, who knew) and so he had a hard time sleeping and breathing and actually that lasted until we came home. Luckily it gets much better during the day so he was still able to play and enjoy himself. Aly was also obsessed with the backpack carrier that Nathan carries her around in. We had to be really careful not to say our usual, 'cmon let's go bye-bye' when we were just going out to the beach because she would run into the back room and try to climb into the back pack and then she would cry when she realized the back pack wasn't part of our plan. She would often want to go in it randomly and she would be so insistent that a few times Nathan just put her in and went for a walk to appease her. I love the back pack because Aly loves it so much and because I don't have to carry her or worry about her, love it.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

The water looks amazing! I am so jealous!
There isn't anything I love more than laying on the beach with a drink (not that kind of drink...more along the diet coke lines....) listening to the waves.
I love all the pictures. Looks like a great trip! Your kids will remember it forever!

ej said...

Funny because I would drink a Virgin Pina Colada and share with the kids and all the old people on the beach watched in horror as it appeared I was liquoring up my babies, lol.

Marianne and Brad said...

erin!! you guys are so cute! Man that trip looked awesome. gosh i miss you guys! Everyone is growing up so darn fast

Hannah said...

I LOVE that they acted out the scene from the little mermaid. Kohen looks pretty convincing as a shipwrecked man washed to shore. :)

Snorkeling sounds so amazing. And I think the cloudy sky makes the pictures look so awesome!

We took a baby carrier backpack when we went to paris and I agree they are GREAT! I'm glad Aly liked hers.

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you guys and the great escape you had! your kids look so HAPPY. even with sickness and what not. that is just awesome and inspiring. we are settling for the McCall Winter Carnival this weekend...but silly as it sounds i couldn't be more excited to take a mini break from life. but you have inspired me to reach for further destinations. :> hope you are doing well.

ej said...

Oh man the winter carnival- we loved going up to that, you will all
have so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures!

lllllll