So last night we decided to have our pre-bed routine outside on the deck off of Nathan and I's room. We blew up the air mattress and got a bunch of blankets because it was chilly. We read a few books, read scriptures, had family prayer and things might have continued to settle down after that had a blogging obsessed mom resisted taking one quick picture. Somehow that innocent picture snow balled into a full on silly face competition. Here are just a few of about a dozen rounds:
Kohen and I went first and as you can see Nathan and Kenna clearly copied the essence of our picture. Round 1 goes to Ko-dawg and I.
Round 2 definitely goes to Nathan and Kenna but just know that there were no feel good ties in this competition. Kohen and I were the clear winners.
The Grand Finale came when Nathan and Kenna whipped out their cheez covered "Thumbs Up!"
To which Kohen and I responded with a too-cool-for-school "Thumbs Down!" (or Thumbs "Dee-yown" pronounced by Kohen with two syllables)
T.U. and T.D. is sort of a thing we do where anything good we see (ie: bikers wearing helmets)
gets a gregarious Thumbs UP! And anything bad (ie: no helmets or someone smoking) gets a big Thumbs Dee-yown! It was the funniest way we could have possibly ended our little competition. We all snuggled up together and goofed off some more before Nathan took the kids one by one to bed. It was an unexpectedly fun time. A deck and a digital camera...who knew?



12 comments:
How fun! It would have been even better if you had a camp out on the deck. If Brent and I did that Reagan would be in heaven until it was time to go in then she would be giving us a holy fit because she had to come inside...she is our hippy.
They should be disqualified for copying you, so yes- you are the clear winners.
TOO Fun!
I can totally relate to:
"Wait, I need a picture of this!"
Does it make me crazy that I got teary reading this? What a beautiful family time! Thanks for sharing!
Definetely the winners. And that is a night you will never forget. ahh, the memories:)
Silly time with kids is one of my favs. So cute!
Cute idea on the deck!
I love spontaneous memorable family moments. Great silly pictures...AND, I love your Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down idea. I'll have to remember that!
I love it! Those pictures are so fun. What a great way to change up the bedtime routine.
one question...
will you adopt me and my family?
Can you imagine life without a digital camera? You are one good looking family!
Kudos to you guys for getting them IN bed! Our bedtime routine leads to excuse after excuse and "Oh mom, I forgot to tell you". Maybe I should bring my camera next time!
Post a Comment