Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Unexpected Gift


How does Nathan missing his International flight = an answer to prayer? Because then he got to come back home and spend a Saturday with his family. And it didn't really effect his schedule because his connecting flight overseas was cancelled because of a typhoon anyway. Our family was given the gift of one more day with our Hubby/Dad at home. I don't like to announce it on my blog when he is actually gone- but unfortunately Nathan has had to be gone with work A LOT since we first got here so this truly was an answer to my prayers...his being home an extra day, not being gone all the time :). It turned out so great, Nathan roughhoused with the kids and played outside with them and fed them dinner while I got ready by myself. This would account for the dinner of corn dogs and tater tots..avert your eyes Mom.

I had to take a picture of the state of our children. Can you say poster for white trash??? The cutest WT ever of course but still...Our kids play outside in the backyard so much- it is unprecedented. They eat at least one meal a day out on their little picnic bench and I realized while taking the picture that I had chosen the wrong day to try and illustrate how much they love it out there. Love how the girls are in swimsuits though there had been no swimming, and Aly topped it off with her cowgirl boots and signature one pig-tail in and one pig-tail out look. It's all the rage.

Anyway, we got a sitter after we put the kids to bed and we went out on a date. I repeat: Nathan and I went out on a date...by ourselves. This is big news folks. It was so wonderful to just chat with my favorite guy over yummy food that I didn't have to make, yay! The next morning when Nathan actually left the feeling was 180 degrees different then what it had been the day before. What a difference an unexpected day made.

9 comments:

hf said...

I was wondering about the 'face off' even cause I thought he was to be gone earlier. Hurray for extra time. :)

Unknown said...

I love it when that happens! Good for you guys! Tommy's trip was canceled this week because I came down with strep. Glad that he's home, but wish I wasn't sick.

-Shayna

Jana said...

Ok, I'm sorry but your kids are the cutest thing I've ever seen. White trash or not.

Heather said...

Love the boots. I swear Natalie ran around in her boots and one pony in/ one pony out look for wayy to long today too. It really is all the rage:)

Jessie said...

Love the cowboy boots with the swim suit!
You talk so sweetly about your husband! It made me feel a bit bad when I am a teeny bit happy that mine is out of town and I get to have cereal for dinner and get the bed, and remote to myself.....

Hannah said...

Let's face it, it's kind of fun to lounge around in a swimsuit...though I wouldn't necessarily couple the swimsuit with cowboy boots :). Your kids are adorable, and I'm jealous of that yard!

MKB said...

I LOVE any extra time I get with Brent. I could only wish that that would happen to us soon.

Kim Davis said...

Looks like I need to get a picnic table for my back yard. I can hardly get my kids to play outside at my house but then we go to my parents and they won't come in (they too have a kid's picnic table).

Sheila said...

Do you realize how much less laundry you have and how much cleaner your kitchen stays with swimming suits and food in the yard? I LOVE SUMMER! Glad you had fun on your "date". Our last one was a drive-thru blizzard at Dairy Queen. It was nice to have one conversation without interruption.(Hey, I'll take what I can get)!

lllllll