Friday, September 5, 2008

Last Week In Review


I've got some catching up to do! Ahh! Okay deep breath...So last week our favoritist Marianne came and visited us from the Y where she is on the Woman's Basketball Team (and her brother Jeff is on the Football team #58 - a shameless shout-out cuz I am super proud even though technically they are Nathan's cousins, but they are Bells which puts them in a grey area that I proudly claim). It was kinda weird she and I decided because being together felt just like in VA except we were now in California, a little twilight zone-ish. Anyway, it was super fun. She and I caught up on love interests -she has a new one, don't worry mine is still the same- and watched Step Up 2 (oh yes we did- only to find Channing Tatum was only in the first few minutes and did a little too much 'acting' *wince* and not enough dancing and/or standing there looking hot).

I found this quaint little WaterPark a half an hour away and so Friday after naps we picked Nathan up from the Metro station and we headed over (sorry, I'm all over the place this post but I have to say they call their Metro here "the BART". Yuck. I am rebelling. As far as I'm concerned 'the Bart' is a disrespectful yellow cartoon character. I refuse to ride 'the Bart'. It is a Metro thank you very much). It was only $5 each to get into the park which is about what they are really worth after all. It turned out so great, several small waterslides for the kids and few bigger ones that Kenna and the rest of us could go on.
There were several pools one of which had these giant floating lily pads with a rope running above them the length of the pool and you could try your luck at getting across. Kennedy did so awesome! nimble little thing that she is. She got going so well she started not using the rope to help her balance. Nathan, Marianne and I all tried and let's just say that Mar's height for once was not to her advantage, SPLASH!!! lol. And there are pics of me going across but they are being withheld do to the risk you run of singeing your cornea seeing my bright white legs. It's for your protection, trust me. The best part about this trip was that Aly finally realized her floaty frog would hold her up. Suddenly she wouldn't let us hold her in the water and she kept announcing over and over, "I swimmin'! I swimmin!" I had been so nervous she wouldn't love the water like the other two...she certainly held out the longest! Anyway we rounded out that night with a trip to IN & OUT Burger, I know. You're jealous. I shouldn't have even told you....

We spent Saturday before Marianne left over in San Francisco and we headed straight to the highly recommended 'Crepe Vine'. Again, not that I ever want to have one, but if I had to pick a last meal, this is now it:


We also explored some of the crazy hills around here, our car was parked on a hill facing a sidewalk and it absolutely felt like the van was gonna roll at any second. I have no idea how it didn't and the picture just doesn't do it justice.

We also went to Fisherman's Wharf for a bit and let the kids watch all of the Sea Lions that hang out on the floating docks. It is mildly entertaining to watch- for all their lazy sunbathing they sure do move around a lot...and bark at each other a lot....and do this thing with their mouths open like, 'I swear I'm gonna bite you!' but you learn pretty quick theres nothing behind it. I have two words that would solve all the Sea Lions problems- Sit Still.

On our way to drop Marzipan off at the airport we decided to go down the famous Lombard street. Check out how curvy it is on the GPS...it's so curvy they sell Dramamine at the top...what? okay, no they don't.


We got home just in time to pick things up before Nathan's parents arrived, bringing us what will be our second car for the next year. Stay tuned.... Thanks for visiting Marzipan!!!!

5 comments:

Bell Family said...

Cute post. It's always fun to have visitors! I think Jeff is #58 though :)

Heather said...

So fun. I love having visitors especially in a new city to show off... looks like you guys are breaking in SF well!

Jessie said...

I remember when we went there in August and I had to go and buy a coat. It was much colder than I thought it would be..(I noticed you guys in coats)
It's amazing how steep those road are!
Oh my gosh can't believe you had a earth quake! I would have been very freaked out!
Do they have them a lot out there?

ej said...

Well, it has been in the 90's + for the last couple of weeks but when you go to SF it is way cooler so we dress warmly. Apparently we will have little shakers every 6 months or so but this one happened to be really close so I guess we'll see.

Marianne and Brad said...

erin i miss you guys already! Don't worry, I will plan another trip there soon so we can hit up In-&-Out again and just sit on our laptops..but TOGETHER. haha. :) love the pics!

lllllll