Oh my dear Kohen. He is already a pretty funny kid but combined with his age, right now it seems like every time he opens his mouth he is saying something that I need to write down. The other day I was upstairs at the desk and Kohen had been out back playing when he mossies upstairs and loiters around me for a few minutes. Not catching on to his behavior he finally leans against the desk casually and offers with a sigh, "Well. I'm sorry. but I did pee outside...I did." while shaking his head like he couldn't believe it himself. This was one of those moments where you try your hardest not to laugh because you have to try and teach -not easy with my seemingly repentant pee-er in front of me. We had a talk blah blah blah we move on. Later that afternoon all three are out back when Kennedy comes racing into the house, sirens blaring "KOHEN JUST PEED OUTSIDE! KOHEN JUST PEED OUTSIDE!" And as I head to the back door to investigate I hear Kohen shouting his innocence and I turn the corner to find one of the funniest sights in recent history. Picture Kohen with his favorite rain galoshes on, his shorts around his ankles and underwear around his knees as he tests the limit of his restricted 2 inch stride trying to catch up to Kenna and yelling over and over, "I didn't do it!"- oh man, Nathan and I laughed about this until we about cried. Poor Kohen. He hasn't really learned about lying yet and so my conclusion was that Kohen was about to pee until his sister went and rang the alarm. I hope his desire for outdoor peeing passes quickly but even as I write the words I know my hope is futile...
Just since we have moved Kohen has started to be afraid of Randall, a creepy character from Monsters Inc. I got to hand to the boy, he picked a great thing to be afraid of because as many of you know, Randall becomes invisible by changing his skin to match whatever background he is against. Perfect. Just perfect. I can't even prove Randall isn't there by turning the light on. The other night Kohen woke me up just screaming "RANDALL'S HERE!!! RANDALL'S HERE!!!". I race blindly and still half asleep to his room and find Kohen completely beside himself and pulling at the back of his neck. When he sees me he tells me in sheer terror, "Randall just licked my neck!!" Eew. That is creepy. I had to get him to fully wake up before I could get him to settle down. It took a while. That darn Randall.About twice a year in our church during Sacrament meeting the Sunday School children will do a program. This usually consists of the kids singing songs and taking turns speaking short lines and then more singing. They sit up front on the stand and since we are in such a small ward it turns out Kohen is the youngest kid in primary...not really so unbelievable seeing as there are only two Sunbeams (3 yr olds). Anyway, Kohen started off the program with a good, long digging session...in his nose. Oh yeah, Nathan and I both were sitting down in the pews trying to catch his attention and make it STOP! He finally did as they began to sing a few songs. After a song they'd sit down and all of a sudden Kohen disappears. About 60 seconds later he reappears as everyone stands up again to sing. He holds up his new found Hymnal, opens it up to a random page and starts singing as if from the book. Okay, it doesn't sound that funny right now but it had lot's of people chuckling I swear. Then for the last song the kids all had bells that they were supposed to ring at certain times. Unbelievably Kohen raises up his own bell and I am thinking *oh no* as the song starts and he begins going to town ringing that bell. It only took a few seconds to realize the Sun. School Pres. was on top of things...Kohen's bell was taped. He could 'ring' to his hearts content and he wasn't going to make a sound, unbeknownst to him of course.
When I came in his room after quiet time the other day he had a blanket over this little work of art which he unveiled for me telling me it was simply himself.
Lastly he got his official Big Boy Bed last night. He was pretty darn excited about it. But fairly irritated we won't let him up on top though. Right, like I want to see what injuries this boy could inflict on himself from the height of the top bunk!



12 comments:
He sounds like most boys. Hope that all is going well. Keep in touch.
Ah! He is SO cute! I wish he were in our ward so we could chuckle- although I got the visual, very entertaining. I love the self portrait too... :)
So cute Erin! I love your blog! You'll have to tell me how you find the time with your three. Maybe when mine get a little older. I can only manage a post once a month! You guys are adorable. I hope you're liking CA and that you get to see your husband more. Take care, Mandi
oh man!!!!!!!!!! that kid. i am in love with him. please, we have to have and kadence meet. i know i know, it isn't all about kadence...but seriously, you have to frame that "knight" get up picture. thank you for blogging - their my favorites.
Erin
Love it!!! He makes me laugh!!! Don't get it in your little head that I love to run... I just love the results! love ya
You really should keep a journal of all the crazy things Kohen says and does. It completely brightens my day and makes me laugh to read about it. Just think what it will do for you when he is older and you are at your wits end. Hey, doesn't Justin have quite a few stories just like these from when he was younger?
Ummm, unfortunately yes :) there are quite a few Justin/Kohen stories that are eerily similar. Kohen uses the same 'man voice' that Justin used to too which is crazy cuz it isn't like he taught him that ya know?
LOVE it! Every story just cracked me up. And I love his self portrait! Very creative.
This gave me SOOO many laughs! I'm so glad you took a picture of his work of art. And, I love his pee-ing confession to you. I'm impressed you didn't laugh! Erica has been growling at me lately, and sometimes I just can't help it (it's laugh or cry in some instances...)
Our primary program was last week too and it was a site to behold...talk about a lot of kids!!
Oh my gosh that is hilarious!
I think I also want to climb into that bed..looks real comfy!
Yes the injuries that a boy can do from the top bunk are endless...you are wise to start him on the bottom.
What a funny kid! He is still one of our favorite little boys (James says all the time that he hopes Beckett is as cool as Kohen). Where did you find his bedding? I love it.
Hey thanks for noticing Shelly :) I found the quilt and sham on sale at Target for $14 and then added the car line they have there right now...
Post a Comment