Friday, September 11, 2009

Coping

Most of the time I feel like I am coping pretty well over here. Then Nathan points out the insane amount of reading I've been doing in the month and a half we've been here. 9+ books, well over 4,000 pages read... gee, could it be possible I've been using books as an escape and coping mechanism? Better than some of the alternatives I guess. Of these books I'd say East of the Sun and Taking Liberties were my favorite. I found them both at Target before I left.....Target *whistful sigh*
While I'm on the subject- I thought I'd share my favorite bookmark, one I feel I am quite ingenious for thinking of if I do say so myself. Just a simple bobby pin. It works SO well. Always have one, doesn't damage the pages and never falls out. Love it. You are welcome.

So I think I am mostly doing a post so that everyone knows that the baby is still in my side rather than by my side. My due date is just a few days away and though most of the time I am fine tonight I am feeling rather uncomfortable and grumpy. Even ice cream didn't help. No woman has ever stayed pregnant forever but at the moment I feel certain I'll be the first one........I know, sounds like it's time for someone to stop counting days and start counting blessings...

13 comments:

Ky"sa" said...

Yeah I'm the first one to write!!! I can't believe I beat Mike. LOL!! Well I'm just waiting for the news that you had your baby. But no such luck yet. I'm sorry. :( All of my boys were like a day before the date or on the due date. It sucks. But is looks like you have been filling your time. GEEZ!! 9 or more books. Way to go!! I'll have to read the ones you liked. Hang in there. Love,

Kysa :)

Brian or Julie said...

Hang in there. I read a ton right before I had my babies so maybe that has more to do with it.

Anonymous said...

MY, I HAVE MY MORNING PAPER AND SOME HAVE THEIR MORNING BLOG! This would be a great day to have that baby boy as it is your mother's B day! Or is it already the 12 there!
Have a great day.. Love you Dad

The Crowley's said...

you need to facebook or blog every day until this baby gets here because I keep thinking she is in labor or she just had him- if only! You are doing great!!!

shellydinger said...

Thanks for the good titles. I need a book to read. The bobby pin is genius! It'll take a lot more effort for my kids to rip that out of a book than a piece of paper . . .or a diaper . . .or whatever happens to be laying around. Hang in there! (as if you had a choice)

Kirsten said...

I read 15 when we were in Africa waiting on paperwork for Grace. The Red Tent and A Thousand Splendid Suns were both amazing. Send me an email and I'll send you some books; Dallan keeps telling me to get rid of some anyways.... :)

hf said...

Whew! I thought you were just keeping it to yourself and not telling anyone else that you've had the baby.

Reading is a great coping mechanism. I think I've been doing a lot of reading this summer. Keeps the mind off things a little, eh? Thanks for the tip - that is an AWESOME bookmark!!

Jody said...

Wow! You have been keeping busy reading!!! Thanks for the book picks, I really need some books to read. Bobby pin- huh? Who would have thought? I have a few dozen laying all around the house :)

Rachel said...

Eeew, you're so stinkin cute pregnant that I just want to smack you! I was late with both my boys, 12 days and 7 days, so yes, it is possible to be pregnant forever because I was. Start squatting, girl.

Melissa said...

You are so smart, love the bobby pin idea! I am sure you are anxious to have the baby, but enjoy your time as much as you can because the baby will be here before you know it!! BTW...thank you for your sweet words, you made my day. You are absolutely wonderful!!

Heather said...

Erin, you are truly amazing, and will probably look back on this experience and smack Nathan and say WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!!(we have done this so many times) but right now you just do what you have to do and I must say, you are doing it with style. I am really impressed with your agility, (and reading skills:, your incredible attitude. I am always anxiously awaiting your next post for my daily inspiration (ahem, after my ss study OF COURSE...)

kristy said...

Oh sweetie. I can't stop thinking about you! I'm hoping that sweet little boy is by your side very very soon! I am so jealous of all the reading you've been doing! The last book I read was Twilight 2 years ago (sigh). And I never even finished New Moon... You are amazing. Keep occupied and that little sweetheart will be here soon!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Love the bobby pin idea! Thanks!! :)

lllllll