Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meet The Baby

For some reason Taiwan seems to think that the color pink shouts "BABY!" best. It was a little weird when they bought our strapping boy back to us that first night swaddled from head to toe in pink. I think Ander's workin it but still, the pink blankets had to go.
Life Test #1: Survived meeting 3 siblings
Kennedy is in heaven to finally have her new brother here and I can tell she's going to be a big help.
Kohen is equally excited though I fear he may experience some mild disappointment as he realizes what newborn babies are all about. Not quite up to everything Kohen has planned for the two of them I'm afraid. Yes, that's a mask of his own hanging from his ear, came in quite handy to try and keep the baby safe.
Please notice the pink piping on the little shirt they put on the babies. So becoming. This is a pic of Ander sucking his thumb. He really wants to be a thumb sucker but for me it is a question of convenience vs. control and so far I'm leaning towards control by using a pacifier what can I say.
I was having a 'mommy moment' as only a mother can have when her whole crew shows up in a small hospital room to meet their new sibling. It's always a little overwhelming because they are so excited to explore the baby but they are pulling toes apart, lifting eyelids and crawling all over the baby and I. I'm always super excited for them to come and about as equally excited for them to go, lol.

4 comments:

Hokie Family said...

That's an awesome birthing story. I'm so glad that you both did so well. Congrats!

Bonnie said...

Erin and Nathan: Thank you for doing such a great job of sharing this experience with all of us! The pictures are awesome and Ander is beautiful! I think He looks like Kohen (Is it too soon to tell?) Nathan, you did a great job delivering Ander. I'll bet your heart was pounding--mine was just reading the blog. Erin, I recognize that overwhelmed new mom in the hospital"look." It is always amazing to me how in a short time moms develop the extra skills needed to take care of the new addition. We love you all and we couldn't be prouder. Norm is showing the blog to all his fellow employees.You are famous!

Heather said...

Oh I got a chill up my spine seeing the look on your face with the kids all around you on the bed like- what have we done! combined with pure joy. Know that feeling sans taiwan culture. Thank you so much for posting so frequently. I enjoy reading every part of what you are going through. It is inspiring and exciting. Ander is really a beautiful boy, and he does pink very well. (did kohan have anything to say about this?)

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Ander is beautiful and I think you are so amazing! Wishing a you a quick recovery amd sending lots of love! Love, Kristin

lllllll