Monday, September 14, 2009

Pixar Exhibit

Tonight after a short FHE lesson on Talents we took the children to the Taipei Art Museum where they are celebrating Pixar's 20 Years of Animation. It was pretty neat and maybe Nathan and I will have to go back so we can read more, the kids moved through the exhibits fairly quickly.
There were really neat original sketches, models and storyboards all over. I got a few pics before the security guard told me "no pictures"- woops, that sign must've been in Chinese -and apparently doesn't apply if you're a local taking pictures of my 3 little ones.
They had videos playing that would show you how something was developed and also a giant screen with their digital shorts playing. The sketches were fun though because you could see how characters started out and evolved. Jessie from Toy Story 2 for instance, they had sketches of her with a skirt on and then eventually pants. Probably our favorite thing was something called a Zoetrope which is a bunch of figurines that they spin really fast in a circle and then a strobe light comes on and it tricks your mind into thinking the figurines are in motion. The kids laughed and laughed at this, it was pretty fascinating.
And last but not least we had our first beautiful sunset last night- this was taken from our front yard. It should be even better for you as you can enjoy it sans mosquito!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool exhibit. I love that kind of stuff. Beautiful sunset.

Ky"sa" said...

Oh wow Erin that is a be.a.u.tiful sunset! How fun for the kids to go and see that. But seriously no baby yet!! I'm shocked! Hope you're doing okay. Love to all!

Kysa

Hokie Family said...

This post must also mean you are still pregnant. hang in there. and have a wonderful labor. I can't believe you can read that many books. You know how slow of a reader I am. You use to read the books from HS English class to me so I could catch up. Confession: I still have the last book of the twilight series to read. i started the series a year ago. basically I am saying I admire your reading drive and abilities. I think it's a great way to cope. You have to some how.

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Cool exhibits. Glad you're all getting out and about!
~ Rachel

Bonnie said...

Love the sunset picture! It would make a great screen saver. Kohen's comment about the merciless girls cracked me up. Probably just a preview of times to come. How is the very pregnant mommy?

lllllll