
Slowly but surely we are getting settled. For several days there was no where to sit as we only brought our beds (Asian mattresses are typically very hard) and so it was such a treat on Saturday to get a couch and chairs for our kitchen table. I'll tell you what, draw a process out long enough and I'll be grateful for just about anything! It seems like we've had a steady stream of people in and out, internet, dishwasher, washer/dryer, Ikea, and on and on. What has impressed me the most is Nathan's Chinese. One of these workers will start speaking to me in Chinese and I will of course have zero idea what they are saying. Nathan will come in and there will be a bunch of rapid fire Chinese and pretty soon they are all in understanding...I'm still in the dark, lol. He is picking up more and more Chinese every day and I am grateful one of us can figure out what the heck is being said!
A few other things: Aly seems to be getting the hang of everyone's accents and is feeling much happier at school and nursery. Kennedy claims to dislike Mandarin class because it is "so hard"- but then proceeds to rip through numbers 1-10 after only 2 classes, Nathan couldn't have been more proud. And Kohen is also loving school as he is allowed to do projects to his hearts content. He comes home with all sorts of creations, having used
gobs of supplies and his teachers are pleased as punch. Endless supplies, a bonus of private school? I'll take it. Anyway they all seem to be adjusting to the new house fairly well.
Kennedy started a round of colds last week, bless her heart. It has gone through everyone but Nathan and I seem to have had it the worst. Not totally surprising considering how much we've been working and how we've been getting less sleep than usual. I am hoping to feel better tomorrow, and also hoping Nathan doesn't get sick.
Random Observation: It is quite acceptable to belch here, no
excuse me required. However, it is considered ghastly to pick your teeth without first covering your mouth with one hand and picking discreetly behind it with your other. Curious.
Last but not least, we got the De-humidifier's going, one for each of 3 levels. They fill up usually 2/3rds through the day. Check out how much water is getting pulled out of the air from just one de-humidifier:
12 comments:
I love the video- i am so laughing right now! Its great. I can't believe it. Send me pictures of your whole house, i want to see. Also do you have any carpet in your house or is it entirely tile? did Nathan tell you I would come if you need my help with the baby? hang in there, hope you are feeling ok
Erin,
You are a trooper for sure! Soon you will have to change your blog title to "we tuck in four!" I hope you get settled quickly. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Wow!! That is a ton of water!! The pic with Kohen and Aly, where are they? In the house, out of house, or is it like a backyard porch? Looks cool! I too want to see pictures of all of your house! Sorry you all got sick. Hopefully Nathan won't catch the bug. Hope you are hanging in there with your last week of pregnancy? The baby's almost here!!! Yeah!!!
To impress Nathan tell him "Whoa I knee." It is 'I Love You' in Chinese. "Whoa yeah I knee" is 'I love you too.' Or for fun: "Whoa fung pee" is 'you farted!' Very effective if you wave your hand in front of your nose as you say it! Haha! Love the video... please do more!
~Rachel
Gotta love the humidity. I wish I would of had one of those machines in my house... And yes... belching is quite acceptable, however large loud belches that I have are not acceptable. Small belches however are alright. I miss speaking Chinese a lot.
-Justin
I don't believe you.
Trevi
You must have made up the water thing....right?
Trevi
Nope Trevi - its the real deal. Usually the mid-level has to be dumped every day. The top and bottom levels seem to go just a little longer - day- day and a half, but what you saw was one level, one tank, one day.... I was SHOCKED the first time I saw it. I mean seriously, thats from the AIR!! Nathan
No wonder asain women have such beautiful skin... here we are shriveling up in the desert... I cannot believe how much water that is... unnnnbelievable. love to see the kids playing in boxes- SO fascinating:)
It's amazing you don't suffocate. They must laugh at the thought of using a "humidifier!"
Trevi
Okay Trevi, that's a good point. Perhaps I needn't have brought mine, lol.
My goodness. That air! I couldn't imagine being due and the air being that dense.
Post a Comment