Sunday, May 20, 2007
The Man saves The Princess from The Dragon
Kennedy had a friend over to play the other day and they were playing dress up. When Kohen brought me one of Kennedy's princess dresses to put on him I knew that I could wait no longer to find this kid some dress ups of his own...preferably ones that weren't made of pink tule. So we found this Knight Armor for $10 and thought it would work. Heretofore I have been against buying my children weapons not wanting to encourage violence. But over time I have discovered that boys in particular don't need you to buy them weapons. They make them out of anything and everything from a piece of wood to a stack of blocks- if swung at your sister while saying "yahhh!" it will have the exact same effect as a store bought sword. Anyway, this is video of Kohen with his armor on...he just keeps repeating "MAN!" over and over...is this only funny to Nathan and I?...
Click on this Link to see the next clip.
Pretty soon Kohen the 'Man' was saving Kennedy the 'Princess' from Nathan the 'Dragon'. You can hear Kohen saying 'dragon!' and 'dungeon!' trying to will the Dragon there. Pretty soon the Man is overcome with testoterone as he makes his first Dragon 'kill' -and Erin the 'Mom' is already regretting getting her son a sword so she calls a cease fire to have a talk about pretend fighting vs. real fighting. The Mom suspects the Man's helmet prevented the information from reaching it's desired destination. I may have lost this battle but I will win the war.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
We want to come play at your house! It always looks like a party!
The vimeo video is great. James and I got a good laugh out of it. Nathan is hilarious!
I have also learned that ANYTHING can be turned into a weapon with Tread. Yesterday, it was a sucker. He clocked some kid with it playing "swords" right on his brow bone. Ouch.
Post a Comment