

I feel like I am giving a speech for some award, but I still want to say it anyway. Thank you to Taylor and Nathan for making this trip happen for Kysa and I!!! Especially Taylor for taking work off and being a stay-at-home dad for the long weekend. We had such a wonderful time just staying up late and talking. When you are suddenly without your barnacle-like children it is suddenly
the most fun to be able to just go shopping. And to go out to eat and not have to get up and get something for someone else is a rare treat. Heck, to eat uninterrupted is unprecedented at this point in our lives! I know that over the last month with all of the visitors we have had (and enjoyed every minute of having!) the theme of the many pictures has become 'same places/different faces' but that is the nature of living someplace like D.C. I could NOT believe how much Kysa and I packed in to our one sight-seeing day. On the Segway tour we saw (all up close) The Capitol, The Supreme Court, The Library of Congress, The White House, and much more. After, we went to the Museum of Natural History and then walked clear over to the Holocaust Museum (hadn't been there yet, in a word: sobering) then we walked down the National Mall and saw The Washington Monument, WWII Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. OUR LEGS AND FEET WERE KILLING US! But nothing that some Tylenol washed down with Ben and Jerry's couldn't fix! Thank you so much husbands!!!! We love you!!!!!
3 comments:
It's nice when the husbands "take-over" with no worries...it's the payback I worry about that they want in return! ;)
lol! You are so right! I think I am safe for the time being cuz Nathan is still out of town, but Kysa?...she may be in trouble! :)
Way to go husbands! Every girl needs a fun Girls Weekend with Ben & Jerry's, shopping, and sightseeing... Sounds like you guys had such a great time! We miss you and D.C.,I want to come back.... Oh, and those "segs" look amazing. I would have been on that thing the whole weekend!!!! SO FUN!
Post a Comment