

Kysa and I took a tour of D.C. on a
Segway this Saturday...it was SO much fun!!! At least 75% of the fun was getting to ride one of these things! The Segway moves forward when you lean forward and back when you lean back, etc. There are several groups that give tours on the Segway downtown and we were lucky to get in last minute. The company that we went with is called 'Segs in the City' (a play off of 'Sex in the City' that I naively didn't connect until Kysa pointed it out walking to the place) which I have to admit is kind of clever. When others didn't show we ended up getting a tour just the two of us with our guide and off we went zipping around D.C.. It was a blast! We were able to see so many sights in such a short amount of time which was awesome. We were a spectacle everywhere we went. The Segway seems like something a bit ahead of it's time, and though they were so much fun to ride, we both would laugh every time we saw our reflection in building windows as we went by. Kysa said we looked like we were in the category 'special needs' and I couldn't argue with that. It looks so funny with your legs straight, leaning forward- every time we would get going all I could hear was that
music from the Wizard of Oz! We answered lot's of people's questions along the way and at one point as we went by this guy in a truck shouts at me, "Where did you rent those from?" Wanting to be a good customer I eagerly shout back, "SEGS IN THE CITY!" as soon as the words left my mouth I felt like such a moron shouting that phrase....from the look on the man's face I think there was some confusion on his end too but I don't know what else I would have said I guess. Anyway, our tour was 2 1/2 hours and before we went we thought we hadn't gotten the best deal because many other tours are 4 hours for about the same price. About an hour into it and both Kysa and I's legs started
killing. Standing for so long in one position- man, we were SO grateful our tour was the shorter one. We would have died 3/4 the way through a longer tour! But otherwise the experience was a fantastic one. Our guide Bill was an older gent from Australia and he would quiz us on all of the historical facts and pretty soon Kysa and I started feeling like we shouldn't have passed high school history! Bill didn't seem to mind though, and when we asked him if we were the worst ever his response was, "hardly." I watch Jay Walking, so I believe him... Anyway, if you ever get the chance to tour on a Segway, do it!!!
2 comments:
Erin, that sounds like the greatest thing ever! I adore your blog and reading about all your adventures. Keep them coming!
Erin,
Thank you for educating me. I have never heard of a Segway or seen anything quite so "unique"! I'm glad you had a fun weekend!
Post a Comment