

Kennedy was so excited to color eggs this year. The confusion started when I said we were about ready to "dye the eggs". Kennedy got this worried look and asked, "What happens to the eggs when we "die" them?" Still oblivious to her real worry I answered, "We will put them back into the carton." To which she replied, "Yeah, but are they
dead?!" After a lengthy explanation by me she still looked concerned so Nathan took over and in one sentence had clarified things for Kennedy...Just another reminder that Nathan is doing all the talking when we have to have the 'birds and the bees' talk with our kids- he is such a better communicator than I am! But I digress...us poor communicators do a lot of that! The coloring of the eggs went beautifully. It was fun for the children because they were able to be creative, and there were no spills- which was the definition of success to me! It went egg-sactly as I hoped it would!...sorry couldn't resist!
1 comment:
oh got to love the coloring of the eggs. What a great way to expalain dyeing them, use the word coloring them instead. Duh! Laynie had the same problem with dyeing the eggs. Very confusing for a 3yr old. Tara
Post a Comment