Today I took my parents into downtown D.C. to check out some sights and museums. What about this picture is noteworthy you may ask? Well, not only did we find a rare parking spot right in front of the museum we were going to, but I, Erin Jensen, parallel parked on Constitution Ave.!!!!! Though it was about a 10 point turn, it wasn't like that commercial where the girl parking backs in and hits the car behind her then drives forward and hits the car in front! It isn't so much that I can't parallel park as I never have to do it and I certainly don't want to do it under pressure. And even though there were cars coming towards us as we got situated, with a little support from my dad, I executed the parallel without a hitch...or even hitting one!
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Accomplishment
Today I took my parents into downtown D.C. to check out some sights and museums. What about this picture is noteworthy you may ask? Well, not only did we find a rare parking spot right in front of the museum we were going to, but I, Erin Jensen, parallel parked on Constitution Ave.!!!!! Though it was about a 10 point turn, it wasn't like that commercial where the girl parking backs in and hits the car behind her then drives forward and hits the car in front! It isn't so much that I can't parallel park as I never have to do it and I certainly don't want to do it under pressure. And even though there were cars coming towards us as we got situated, with a little support from my dad, I executed the parallel without a hitch...or even hitting one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Congratulations!! My goal is to leave PA in 4 years and never once parallel park. That really is a great accomplishment.
Hurray! That is way better than me! I have Kenley's help the entire time and I am not ashamed to say sometimes it has ended in tears:( Practice makes perfect right?
My never ended in tears...just a bubble in my tire!
Post a Comment