Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Sunday






Easter Sunday morning -like many Sunday mornings- is usually a test of mom and dad's patience. More than any other time of the week on Sunday there is the greatest chance of me losing it and I feel like I am always thisclose to unleashing a tirade of expletives I haven't used since middle school out of just sheer exasperation. Nathan and I have learned that to have a smooth Sunday morning you really have to prepare the night before. Doing this has helped immensely. However this Easter Sunday morning I was solo since Nathan is out of town and even with preparation the odds were not in my favor. All morning we did a maddening 1-step-forward-2-steps-back-dance with a grand finale of Kennedy and Kohen messing up their hair and clothes wrestling while I was dressing Aly! #%!*!!! Overall I thought the pictures represented the morning well (eyes closed or shoes on the wrong feet etc). I especially love the picture of Kohen because it reminds me so much of Justin when he was little. Anyway, by the time we got to church I had taken a few deep breaths and was able to actually enjoy the meetings. As I sat in Sacrament I chided myself for letting new dresses, ties and tidy hair distract my sensibilities. Soon our tumultuous morning was all but forgotten and the importance of Easter came into focus. Especially after hearing this quote in class, "The three most important words in the English language are, 'He is risen'." Happy Easter!

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Beautiful kids! I especially love Kennedy's dress.

Sheila said...

Erin,
I bought that same exact dress for Grace. (Although she hasn't worn it yet) but I love it! Beautiful kids!

Kristin said...

Just beautiful! What more can I say? You are amazing to get your entire family together in time for church by yourself! I couldn't even get to church on time before Cora!

lllllll