Friday, April 6, 2007

Christina Aguilera Concert


For my birthday Nathan surprised me with Christina Aguilera tickets! The sweetest part is that he bought them clear back in January and kept it a secret. I wanted to see this concert because I think that Christina has one of the best voices of my generation. Highlights of the evening: Nathan and I ate at a yummy little cafe' and then Nathan ran to go put some more coins in the meter (there's a highlight right there- $20 parking garages vs. $4 metered parking spot! woo hoo!) and while he was gone some 50 year old rich guy -I assume this because of his clothes and the pimped out Navigator he dropped his kids off in- totally hit on me. What!? This was a mini highlight because even though he was old and out of his ever-loving mind - I appreciate his...fortitude. And Nathan and I had a great laugh about it. Anyway, as you might guess the concert was amazing. We had great seats and could see really well. Christina (I feel weird calling her by her first name like we are friends or something, but what else do I call her?) belted out song after song- I can't believe she does that each night and still has a voice! Another highlight of the evening was people watching...too much to tell in a blog. The last picture is of this man who sat in front of us who was there with his son. His son looked about 3. He was not wearing ear plugs. What kind of a parent brings their 3 year old to a Christina Aguilera concert to have their innocent little ears permanently damaged roughly 3 hours after he should already be in bed?!!! Well, Nathan heard the guy proudly talking on the radio the next morning about taking his kid to the concert. We had suspected he was a d.j. because he had a radio station on his jacket but still- that is no excuse! Anyway- great night, thank you Nathan!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun! Happy Birthday! Sounds like one great night. I love Christina...you'r right, calling her by her first name does sound crazy.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! You still got it girl! Don't you feel good about yourself when you get hit on no matter who it is. Nathan should watch out, hee hee!!!

Anonymous said...

Both nathan and Taylor better watch out when the two of you get together next month! Two hot babes out on the town. Tara

Sheila said...

Way to go Erin! I was telling Ryan last night about a guy hitting on me...only it was in McDonalds and he was a biker with tatoos and headband. I always did attract the BAD boys! :)

lllllll