Tuesday, April 3, 2007

How are Aly and a Geisha alike?



Anybody ever read Memoirs of a Geisha? In the book there is a little girl nicknamed "Pumpkin" because she constantly curls up her tongue in a way that looks like the curly vine at the top of a pumpkin. At the time when I read that I really couldn't picture exactly what the author was describing. Then about a month ago Alyssa started to stick out her tongue in this odd, pointy curled way and immediately I thought of 'Pumpkin'. The fact that I already call Aly 'Pumpkin Pie' is a coincidence- and this little quirk is now one more reason the nickname fits. In related news, it took me forever to get a shot of her with her tongue out. I seriously took dozens of pictures over several days trying to catch her doing it. She actually does it an awful lot, especially when she is working at something and concentrating. The problem is that she rarely sticks her tongue out and holds it there and by the time I could snap the picture she would be done! It was so frustrating! So hopefully the 3 pictures show at least the progression of what she does. This girl moves too quick for me!!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I'd say that second picture captured it pretty well. She is darling! I love her reaching for the camera!

Anonymous said...

Erin,
sounds like you need a digital camera that will take quick photos to catch these kinds of moments! Laynie used to do the exact same thing. It was soo cute!

lllllll