Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Kite Festival on the Mall



On this day of the Cherry Blossom Festival there was a Kite Flying Festival. It was a perfect day for that since it was overcast and a little windy. We enjoyed the scenery while we shared a snack on the grass by the Monument. These pictures do not capture nearly as many kites as you could see with the naked eye- it was spectacular against the already powerful backdrop of our Nations Capitol. I had a rare moment where I thought, "This is amazing. They have nothing like this in Boise."....then I slapped myself hard and pulled it together! It was still a fabulous experience I was grateful to share with our children.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I was watching our local news go on and on about the cherry blossom festival in D.C. I wanted to go so bad! You are very lucky that you have such fun things to do so close by. The pictures are great.

Sheila said...

First of all...shame on you! And congratulations for pulling yourself together! It looks like a wonderful experience. We had a couple of extremely windy days and Tread got a new "pirate ship" kite for his birthday, so we had a few of our own going by our house. Ryan thinks he is so cool flying his "trick" kite we bought at the coast because everyone else rams it into the ground, but they are fun to watch!

lllllll