Tuesday, April 24, 2007

10 months old


Alyssa Marie is 10 months and as usual, I can't believe it. She is still a sweet, happy baby- unless you take too long getting her food! Let me try to give you a snapshot of Aly J. at 10 months old. She still doesn't have any teeth though she has two that look like they will come in any day. She has started doing these short, staccato grunts to get my attention and she will keep doing them intermittently until I come and see what she needs. Aly isn't crawling yet, she seems to think she is going to skip it altogether and go straight to walking. Apparently that is what my sisters and I did...which explains a lot :) The other morning I went in to check on her and found her with her head and feet down and her little hiney sticking straight up in the air, she looked like a little human tee-pee. She kept pushing off with her feet and getting increasingly frustrated that she wasn't going anywhere! She still does the light bulb though it has now evolved into both hands twisting and her feet kicking- it looks like some sort of spastic hula dance- I have no idea how she keeps it all going! Anyway, I thought it was noteworthy that after 10 months of being smothered and mauled by her sibling's 'love', Alyssa is still with us and happy... Then again maybe that is why she is trying so hard to walk, so she can get outa here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me miss Aly so much! She is a beautiful baby.

Sarah said...

She looks so much like Nathan!

lllllll