Saturday, December 1, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree...




About as soon as Thanksgiving dinner was over we were all pitching in to decorate the Christmas tree. One of the highlights was when for the 3rd year in a row Nathan and I rediscovered that the single sprig at the top of the tree is too impotent to hold a star no matter how light the weight. Kind of silly that we were just as surprised and irritated as the two previous years- Grrr! Poor Nathan was struggling with a new star I bought -thinking for sure it would work- while being overrun with little people climbing up the ladder desiring to 'help'. Anyway, I decided that I would go and find a beautiful Tree Topper Bow like the one my mom has. I went to Michael's and they have them alright but to get one that was big enough for our tree would be $30-$40 plus the cost of the ribbon- umm, I don't think so. So I went and found some ribbon half off and a little thing that helps hold all of the pieces of your bow and made my own. I am pretty proud of my handi-work, though if I go the cheap route on something I convince myself it's great rather than face the possibility I may have been wrong and should have just paid to have something done nicely. Random: Can you tell from our tree how far Aly can reach?


10 comments:

The Crowley's said...

looks great! love the bow- amber

hf said...

You done good! Couldn't tell that you did it yourself...and cheaper? Yeah! :)

Sarah said...

Oh, I love Christmas! Are you guys coming to Boise this year? Your tree looks beautiful!

Sheila said...

Bah Humbug! Will I catch the Christmas spirit? It is so NOT here this year...

ej said...

No, we aren't coming to Boise :( which is the only reason I am even willing to decorate as it is, cuz we are going to be here so I am trying to make it good.

Anonymous said...

Your bow and tree look beautiful! Great job.
Bonnie

Marianne and Brad said...

yea you aren't going to boise you are staying in virginia and hanging out with the coolest people ever!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree! Looks like fun putting it up too. The bow is awesome! Make sure you put tissue paper in the bow loops to keep it fluffy for next year when you pack it away! aaaahh! Studio "D" moment!

Anonymous said...

Obviously, the last post was from me! Just noticed Kohen's sword! He is so funny.
Rachel

ej said...

I knew it was you :) the Studio 'd' gave it away lol!

lllllll