Monday, December 3, 2007
The Empress
I found Aly playing with this tiara on upside down, but having recently been assaulted by an older sibling she was crying and the scene totally reminded me of one of my all time favorite characters. The Empress from the Neverending story. I so wanted to be her!! At an age that will remain undisclosed (though I will admit I was over 10) I actually wrote down all of the lines from this really intense and emotional scene between The Empress and Bastian, the main character. Then I would lock myself in my room and perform this scene into my mirrored closet doors. "Bastian! Call my name!!!.....Please! SAVE US!!!". I was pretty much amazing and imagined I was as plump lipped, perfectly complected and soft spoken as The Empress. I thought I wanted a head piece just like that someday when I got married and was bitterly disappointed years later when I realized that look was not so becoming on me, pretty jewel thing on your forehead or no. I have no idea what compels me to confess these things about myself on my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
You are much braver than I am. I will never confess my deepest darkest secrets in the blog world. Kudos to you! What other lines did you practice?
Ummm, when Jurassic Park came out I wanted to be the grandaughter and I really thought that if Mr.Speilberg could've just seen ME perform those high stress scenes that he would've cast me instead. I guess I've always had a tendancy towards delusions :)
I can't believe the irony! She really does look like that little empress. What a lucky girl.
Holy cow, 2 funny memory flashes with this post:
1. Us eating 3 popsicles each (Chocolate crunch bars) on your couch watching Princess Bride or the Neverending Story.
2. The talent scouts at Studio "D" holding try-outs! I really thought you had a good chance! I promise not to mention the studio for a while now...
Rachel
My wife brought this movie home because of your post.
That was one creepy movie. After we had started it, I remembered every little detail. Most of those should have stayed locked away.
I still don't know what name Sebastian gave her, but it did start with an "M". So I think it was Matilda Gertrude.
lol- Kenley, your killing me! I know, you could never tell what Sebatian's mom's name was, we rewound and rewound but could never tell. I looked it up on Wikipedia once and apparently it was some german foreign name- so we woulndn't have known anyway. Just another Neverending Story Mystery....
Post a Comment