


Alyssa has discovered her sister's tutus. The first few days she wanted them on I thought it was sweet. Then she started going to the dress up bin first thing in the morning to pull out the tutu and then come and grunt at me and push at my legs while I'm trying to make breakfast -and by 'make' I mean pouring cereal into bowls- until I put the tutu on her. Next thing you know she's wearing it all day and we would barely be able to persuade the layers of pink tulle off of her for bed by assuring her it would be right there on the rocking chair in the morning. And so the cycle continued until I was gone one night while Nathan got the children ready for bed. I came home just in time to kiss them each good night (what perfect timing) and when I got to Aly she stood up proudly in her crib still wearing her tutu. I figured Nathan had tried in vain to get it off of her and in my mind I told myself
surely my superior mothering skills would be able to convince her to take it off. I pictured myself triumphantly carrying out the wad of tutu above my head like a trophy... but Aly gave me a sassy little reality check when she pushed my hands away and kind of told me off, though it was hard to decipher because A. it was baby talk/shout and B. she had her pacifier in since she was in bed, but I got the message loud and clear- NOT HAPPENING. Realizing it was a lost cause I tucked her in, tutu and all. I don't really mind this obsession, I know it could be much worse. Yesterday she decided that it's even better if she wears two tutus. Say that ten times fast.
7 comments:
I am laughing out loud and SO needed it! She is quite the little character! Rowan is just discovering his ability to tell me off (or just tell me) in his jibberish and I love it! Everytime he falls and bonks, he cries and tells me the whole story. I actually don't want the real words, i love the babble.
Where do you find such cute tutus?
One of them -the one with petals in it- was one Natalie gave Kennedy that she found in a boutique in Eagle. The pink one I found at H&M in the kids section- it was under ten bucks if I remember right. Do you have an H&M there? I could always send ya one if not.
Don't you dare take that tutu off of her. That is a ballerina in the making. I wish she were here, I could make her into the Prima Ballerina she wants to be.
Natalie! You crack me up! I have no doubt that under your tutalege Aly could reach her full potential! :)
I love how all of us mothers get "images" of using our superb mothering skills to be victorious over the various "battles" we face daily. Sometimes we forget that such a little person can have such opinions! This is so great! I just can't wait to see her show up to church in one. :)
i am in complete hysterics (sp wrong i know) that is darling. i LOVE that comic relief your blog gives me. i sure hope that your kennedy is feeling better, poor dear. and love the TUTU battle. kadence just recently got over her 'walmart character' night gown obsession {blah}. i once would omgosh at parents who would 'let' their child wear such things in public...but alas they were forced just as i was. the tutu's are adorable. btw, i happen to know a gal right here in my home that creates such an item. :)
Post a Comment