

This is Kennedy on Mother's day. She was very excited to wear this new dress and she insisted on having her toes and nails painted red to match. In church they had all of the Sunday School children go up to the front and sing a song to the mothers' and Kennedy, as proud as ever, marched right up there with the crush of children. Fairly quickly I lost sight of her though she is very short even for her age so it isn't too surprising. They usually do a pretty good job of getting all of the little ones up to the front so you can see them but the song started and there was no sign of her. Finally I spotted her little red and white hair bows...I have no idea why she was facing backwards, but at least I knew she was back there. As the second verse winded down all of a sudden through the crush of little bodies I see Kennedy straining. Though I could only see part of her little face I could tell she was up on her tippy toes. The two girls in front of her weren't budging and I see her push her little head between their sides and she only can hold that position for a moment as she searches to find where we are sitting. Right as she was getting squeezed back out again our eyes met and she broke into a big ol' smile. Then she was gone. The whole thing was actually really funny and I was laughing so hard I had tears coming down my face. To see her struggling back there but determined to make sure I saw her up there was truly priceless.
3 comments:
I love hearing the primary sing on Mother's Day. It always makes me cry! Happy Mother's Day!
What a cute girlie girl you have. Insisting on painted nails and earning ballet slippers is just the kind of girl I want!
Kennedy,
If you were in MY Primary, I'd set you up for a solo! You cute thing!
Post a Comment