Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Snip Snip


So Kennedy was sitting next to me on the floor playing a matching game on her sick day when I looked over and noticed that a chunk of her hair was hanging down about 5 inches further than the rest. Oh boy. Upon further inspection I discovered Kenna had gotten curious with the scissors and done a little snip snip. I wasn't pleased but here is why I'm not coming unglued in my signature overreactive style: #1- Isn't this some sort of childhood right of passage? #2- Bless her heart she cut a chunk on the under side and not up at her forehead where many kids think it's 'prettiest'. #3- She didn't cut Aly's hair! Geez, Aly only has 5 pieces of hair and they've taken 18 months to grow so it would be a shame if Kennedy had taken her curiosity out on my hairless AlyCat.
Is it me or does Kennedy look awful in those pictures? She is usually my healthy one (minus her ears) and so I guess this round of cough/cold/fever were long since over due. She looked just miserable with red watery eyes and a hacky cough. And since we share in this house Kenna selflessly did so with Kohen and Aly. Last night Aly woke up with Croup and she and I spent a good portion of the night hanging out. Man, the Croup is scary. But I would much rather them have this crud then be throwing up ANY DAY.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Although I don't remember doing this, I think most of my kids have! That is quite the piece of hair. Are you going to have to trim it now?

Erica said...

That's pretty funny. Remember what Zoe did? She cut her beautiful one-length strawberry blond hair--right in the front! I still haven't evened it out because her hair is so beautiful. She just looks like her mom gave her a bad hair cut, like a year ago. Good going, Kenna--if you're gonna do it (and you're gonna), do it under and in the back! Have a good day and hope you guys get better soon! Will Wednesday not work??

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Crowley's said...

erin- we went to that allergy store, stuff is like 3x the amount of normal food but i am learning, he may be ok with wheat and soy, we took him off for a couple weeks then added it back in so we go in to retest for those soon, they also think he will outgrow the egg allergy when he is older so i will keep my fingers crossed- amber

ej said...

No, I won't have to cut it though I am going to have to clip that chunk back for who knows how long. She is growing her hair out to be like Repunzel so I am afraid right now cutting it is out of the question...which is why it surprised me when she did it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin....love your blog. I almost used the same backround!
Hey will you send me your email address...mine is casillasfamily@mac.com
Jessie (even though I am signed in under Hunter)

Corinne said...

Hilarious! Carter gave Tay a hair cut last week and I had to totally do damage control. It wasn't pretty :).

Anonymous said...

erin! so happy to have found you through heather's blog. sure do love the blog world. your family is too beautiful and you look great as always. i would love to invite you to our blog if you email me wt_reeder@msn.com
ps. this is tiffany thomas now reeder. :> excited to keep up on your happenings now...they seem highly entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how long that chunk of hair is. You are really being calm about it. Hope everyone feels better soon. Check your email - I sent you a good one!
Rachel

Hannah said...

I'm impressed that she took the chunk out in a less-visible place! What scares me the most about when kids cut hair is that it means the child had scissors in their hand! Maybe this just terrifies me since Erica isn't two yet...I'm sure I'll have a similar experience some day!

lllllll