Friday, March 21, 2008

Are Sisters the Crabgrass in the Lawn of Life?


My my, how times don't change. I took the picture of Kennedy working on Kohen's hair and the look on his face was total dejavu to about 3 years ago. Poor kid. Kennedy somehow talked him into letting her do his hair and when I came into the bathroom I found that about every hair product we own was now being generously applied to Kohen's head. Kennedy was super serious about her work. Like an artist in creative anguish she would get frustrated when he moved his head and when his hair wouldn't 'stand up' in front like how Dad does it. Notice how in the last pic she is holding Kohen's face so his hair can be properly seen by the camera and Kohen is giving his best fake smile and just hoping the torture is almost over and he has earned some sort of special sibling points with Kenna.



Okay, I had to include the video so you could see Kennedy in action. Don't miss how she tells Kohen to turn the other way at the end, lol, she cracks me up. PS- please excuse Kennedy's post-braid scraggly hair.

10 comments:

hf said...

That is too funny! I love how serious she is. ...and I can't believe how LONG her hair is! What a sport letting his sister do his hair. This is only the first of many I predict.

The Crowley's said...

totally cracks me up, you have your hands full with that Kenna- amber

Adam & Jetta said...

Too funny!

MKB said...

Love it. Your blog just cracks me up. I wish mine were funny like yours. But it isn't.

Heather said...

so funny. Like how a girl goes potty... a conversation we've not had at our house :)

Hokie Family said...

So I'm back in town and blogging again. I missed out on some great blogs. I'm jealous that Nathan runs so fast. Ben and I got sucked into training for a HALF marathon. This morning I probably only ran 3.1 miles in 33 minutes. I felt good about it though.
Happy Birthday Gorgeous!!!!!
Love Kennedy's hair salon!

Jessie said...

Too funny Erin...I think I can see her future! I was the same way when I was younger. I am glad you caught that on tape they will laugh when they are older.

Hannah said...

This is totally classic! I have visions of my own children in just a few months...Kenna is quite the hairdresser. I love how serious she is about it and how all Kohen can seem to get out is a dejected "no."

Anonymous said...

I love it! Kenna is a mini-you! Someday she'll be cutting her bf's hair as her friend holds a little trashcan in front of her face. Kohen is so patient. Glad you caught this on tape! I love when you post videos!
~Rachel

Sheila said...

Too cute! Kohen is such a good sport. Just think - you won't have to do his hair for at least a week because with all those products...it's goin' nowhere!

lllllll