Thursday, March 6, 2008

Beauty School Dropout





I have been putting off cutting Kohen's hair for a week or so trying to give the cut on his head a chance to heal. Unfortunately Kohen pulled off the super glue I used to seal it up and pulled off some hair as well (ouch!) so I was letting his hair grow over it a bit cuz truly- with the cast and the shaggy hair trying to cover his picked over head wound, I mean seriously! how broke-down-white-trash can we get? Apparently very. Cuz then we throw Aly into the mix with her crusty nose and her hair that has continued growing faster in the back (aka: The baby mullet- and just cuz it's curly doesn't make it okay) and even though her little piggy tails were so cute I knew at some point I needed to even it out.
Looking around at my scruffy little hooligans this morning I decided it was time to put on some 'Beauty School Drop-out' and get down to business. I couldn't believe the furry animal I took off Kohen's head- someone call animal control! It was so good to see my clean cut Kohen again. And though I was so sad to cut off more of Aly's curls, it was either that or put her in some mini-hammer pants and let her rock the mullet. I have to keep telling myself her hair will grow back. And though it is dangerous to pat yourself on the back with scissors in your hand, I have to say I am pretty proud of the mornings handi-work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

just beautiful. that poor boy...or should i say poor you! you need a kohen break. :> up until the past couple of months i was always trimmin back kadence's baby mullet to be. i trimmed it like every 3 weeks, a little obsessive i know. but hello a mullet on that beautiful child? ally's hair looks adorable. i love little bob's on little girls! way to stand up to the mullet. just thinking bout it makes me want to touch up kadence's do..

hf said...

Where did you cut their hair? It looks like it's all on the ... carpet?? She still looks like a baby! So cute. And Kohen - just like a rough-n-tumble boy that he is.

ej said...

I cut their hair on a towel, though it is funny, in the picture I thought it looked like carpet too :)

Heather said...

cute! I just had to get rid of Natalie's mullet last week. I am not so good with the scissors though. I tried to cut Emi's hair and after "evening it out" up to her shoulders I taped a note to her chest- (it said "my mommy ruined my hair please help!") and sent her to my hairdresser nieghbor. She returned with a cute little bob- ado it again to my girls. ( I have no problem cutting Sean, his hair that is). So, I am fully impressed with your job well done. She looks so cute!

Heather said...

OK the last half of my comment didn't make any sense, moral of the story, I do not cut my girls hair anymore. But somebody must get rid of the mullet- business in the front, party in the back!

Anonymous said...

You did a good job!!!! And that's coming from a certified cosmetologist! Seriouslly, did you go to beauty school? You son't seem the type! You mentioned Kohen's head, what happend?

lllllll