

Trying to distinguish between the traditions of Easter (bunnies, eggs, candy, etc.) vs. the true meaning of Easter (Christ's Resurrection) we have started doing the traditions on the Saturday before Easter Sunday. So Saturday morning the children were so excited to come downstairs and hunt for where the Easter bunny had hidden their baskets. When it comes to Easter Baskets the bunny who visits our home keeps it under $10 per basket, and she is totally chintzy on the candy. One Peep, one Reeses egg (leaving 3 from the 6 pack for me) and two plastic eggs with jelly beans in them. I have no idea why I am so stingy with the candy except for that I hate having it around cuz they are always asking for it, crying for it, and causing me irritation. It wasn't much of a problem though this time because they had all eaten their candy in a matter of moments and it was done...phew. It's not like they don't get candy from 'Papa's' and teachers and friends so don't even try and make me feel guilty. Love how Aly is frantic to tear open her treat...those Eggs are my favorite too.



5 comments:
What a good idea to do it on Saturday. I'm with you though, I hate easter candy. My solution this year was to buy none. I guess the eater bunny ran out before he got to my house :)
Every year I get mad at myself for not starting when they were small to tone down Easter.....now that they are older it is much harder to do and now that they are older all the stuff they want from the Easter Bunny is a lot more expensive! It was easy when they were little with the little plastic toys...anyway your smart to keep it small...they will never know any different.
In my defense though I don't buy them anything throughout the year...only Birthdays, Christmas, and Easter.....
I love those Resees eggs too!
Erin, Being pregnant I thought I'd be good and not buy those Reese's eggs. Seeing as I devoured the Reese's X-mas trees and V-day hearts, I decided I didn't need them. Well, I broke down and went looking for the day-after-Easter deals, and NONE were to be found! There's something about those eggs and you get sooo much more pb than the other holiday Reese's treats! Man, I'll crave those dang eggs for the next year!
Yum, peanut butter eggs. I might need to go out and buy some. I practically forgot it was easter this year, so some of the normal staples of easter were forgotten. Maybe I can get some on clearance??
Post a Comment