Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Favorites



Daffodils. They are my most favorite spring flower. Not just because they are a cheery bright yellow and such a sight for sore eyes after months of gloomy winter greys, but also because they appear to be heralding in spring time. They are always the very first flowers out and they trumpet the chilly weather away. By their very presence they assure us that warmer spring weather is mere days away. I totally couldn't resist running out to the median where these are planted to snap a picure.



This was one of my favorite Easter pictures. Moments like this are so rare and to catch it in a picture is just a treat because it is tangible proof that stuff like this does happen once in a while!


When I tried to get the three children to stand together for a picture, out of nowhere Alyssa turned to the nearest stair and totally lost it. But one of my favorite things that she does when she cries is cover her eyes- so dramatic- and even though none of us know why she felt so strongly about not taking a picture with her siblings, her break-down was pretty funny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so ready for sprint as well, no flowers in Colorado yet. I love the Easter pictures.

Hannah said...

What a beautiful picture of your children! How nice that you can treasure that moment forever with the picture! Hooray for spring!

Audrey said...

I LOVE the pictures! I am SOOOO ready for Spring!

amber dawn said...

Cute pictures Erin. It is nearly impossible to get three little ones to sit still for pics and I can totally identify with the chaos. No flowers for us yet. We did wake up to 13 inches of fresh snow however ;)

lllllll