
This morning Nathan ran a 5 mile race put on right in the heart of our community. We got up and walked down the street to see Nathan at the beginning of the race. The above picture doesn't show our kid's enthusiasm very well. Aly is staring at me like "I don't know these people." Kennedy is trying to oblige but has the sunrise in her sensitive eyes and Kohen is looking like a goob making a cheezy smile but obviously distracted by something other than his crazy mom in the middle of the street with a camera who was sporting her signature 'just rolled out of bed' look (created by rolling out of bed and walking out the door). I was channeling Scary Spice which is why you won't see me in any of these little pics this post...trust me, your welcome.

And the race is on! There he goes. Those are our townhouses in the background- how convenient is this race? Nathan is all smiles as he heads up quite the hill. He does his first mile up the hill in 5min 34 sec.

And when we saw him at almost mile 3 he looked a bit like he'd run a mile up hill in about 5 minutes. :) No, he had paced himself by then and was doing fine.

Nathan finished in 34 minutes and 16 seconds and came in 47th out of the men- woo hoo! Stay tuned for Nathan's 2nd annual National Marathon in 2 weeks. In a random side note: Check out this guy juggling as he runs the race. This is the second time he and Nathan have been in a race together and as I have started to become desensitised to his little show (which by all accounts is impressive) I have started wondering, what's his deal? Running in a race just isn't enough satisfaction? Or maybe he needs the extra attention? Or maybe it is to cover up that he is a really slow runner? Or maybe he really likes to have a kink in his neck and a dried out mouth from looking up while jogging with his mouth open? I'm so curious as to
why. I would ask him myself but I'm afraid he would just answer, "Why not?" and then I'd have to slap him. I think this is where I am supposed to say, 'each to their own'.
7 comments:
Nice work Nathan! Seriously what is up with the guy juggling while he runs....
If he can do that so easily he should do the Marine Core Marathon, or has he already?
What a great weekend to run outside too hu....love it!
What a show-off! Some people just need a little more attention...like me! ;) Way to go Nathan!
Okay, I know I have said it before but I gotta say it again...Nathan is amazing! I am so impressed at his endurance and his speed. I only wish one day to be as good a runner as him. Way to go Nathan!
I agree with Sarah. What an awesome thing to aspire to! I was laughing about the juggling guy - I can just imagine him trying to pick up women in a bar "...and I juggle at the same time! Wanna see?" too much.
Awesome! That is totally awesome- and we are so jealous of your good weather. (it snowed again this weekend, you may have to come across the country and pull me out of my pity party :)
Oh I miss running! I ran CC in high school and have always missed being in such good shape. Good work Nathan!
Hi, I am Kristie, Nathan's cousin. Tara gave me the link. It was fun to look at all the pictures of the kids. I added your blog to my favorites.
Post a Comment