Sunday, March 30, 2008

Side Walk Chalk & A Time Out






My parents sent some sidewalk chalk for Easter and it has been 7 days of nagging to go out and use it and the kidlings have been denied each time for several reasons, weather being numero uno. So when Nathan came home from work on Friday (oh wait that means it's only been 5 days of nagging...it's seemed like a lot more than that.) he took the crew out to play. As you can see they had a merry old time and Kennedy drew several things that were cute and Nathan drew them a 'scop-scotch' so Kennedy could play and Kohen could chuck a rock around without getting scolded.
Then we have Aly. Aly has decided it is funny to run out into our street. Our street is not busy, we are always near by, but she thinks it is hilarious to run out and have us come after her. Today as a van turned the corner onto our street she decided it was time to make a break for it. Don't worry, the van totally saw her and stopped far back and Nathan was right on her and this time she was in literally zero danger. But it is the principle- and I don't expect a 23 month old to understand why it is dangerous- just that it is and we don't go out in the street- especially not laughing and running! So Nathan picks her up, carrying her inside and sternly telling her 'no'. Aly doesn't appreciate sternness and so she was crying by the time he got her inside for her time out. She cried big 'ol crocodile tears (tangent: has anyone actually seen crocodile tears? And what classifies them as 'big'? Anyone?) and I couldn't resist the compulsion to take a few pictures. I love the last one. She looks pretty sitting there all seemingly repentant and, you know, not run over by big van.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

On my gosh what a cute face! I love the hands over the face. Where's the cherry blossom pics?

Anonymous said...

did you write the NJ (heart) EJ. I know you did! Glad you still feel that way. Miss you!
Tara

Anonymous said...

i am so in love with that pout! she is adorable! and the NJ heart EJ is hilarious, you have to frame that. what a good mom to let them do chalk - i am the mean mom who always has an excuse for all the fun things in life...i really need to give it a try every now and then. and to know that the hard part of the day was time out :> it is amazing when those kinds of things happen so QUICKLY and you thankfully realize "today could have been a very different day" - i have those bi-weekly. :>

ej said...

Nathan did the NJ heart EJ but I might have mentioned to him on his way out that I would be fine if he wanted to declare his undying love for me on our driveway :)

shellydinger said...

Blacktop is wonderful for chalk! I wish we had some around here. I do love Aly's hands over her eyes.

Kristin said...

Aly looks so sweet, it must be so hard not giving her everything she wants with that darling face. What a doll!

Hannah said...

What a great face! Did she actually sit there for her time out? I tried to give Erica a time out the other day and I sat her on the stairs at my in-laws. She just decided to go upstairs...had no idea she was being punished. Maybe I'm just whimpy :).

lllllll