I swear I just did a post like this for myself...I can't believe I have had two birthdays here in VA. It was a bit of an odd one in that Nathan was at work all day and so I was doing all of my regular Mom duties. But my phone rang off the hook with birthday well-wishes and my email too, was full and made me feel loved. As I said my morning prayers I found myself thanking Heavenly Father for allowing me 28 years and unexpectedly I started thanking Him for gifts I've been given, a wonderful husband, 3 healthy children and the list went on and on until my legs started cramping. Taking a hind sight view of my life all I could see were the blessings and there were literally too many to count. Even the trials I have had are really just hard-earned blessings. When you overcome an obstacle in life you usually gain an amazing amount of knowledge (that by then seems like, 'duh. why didn't I realize that before,' for me) and strength, patience and who knows what else. After my prayer I just sat there amazed at all that I have been given and even more amazed at how little I recognize it. Birthday spankings? I'm thinking I need all 28! I hope that I can be better this year in appreciating blessings as they come, in whatever form.
Anyway, thanks for indulging my little rant there. Nathan made dinner and had even gotten and ice cream cake -cake batter ice cream, my fave- and I opened a couple of gifts and cards when Kohen suddenly decided that I didn't have enough and was trying to get Nathan to take him to the store so he could get me 'some-ping' else. I eventually convinced him that one of his colored pictures would be great and so he and Kennedy sat right down to color me birthday pictures which was sweet. The best treat of all was when I got to for go putting the kids to bed with Nathan and head out for some relaxation at Target...by myself...Happy Birthday to me.



10 comments:
Happy Birthday to you....28 oh my gosh your soooo old....ha.
Alone at Target for your birthday eve? You should have called me I would have happily gone with you!
Looking forward to dinner tonight though!
Happy Birthday! Yay for pictures of you. I was reminded just how cute of a girl you are (I'm still loving your hair!).
Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like it was a great day!
Happy Birthday Erin! With my birthday up and coming everyone is asking how old I will be. My favorite number to tell them is 28...again!
Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful day:)
Happy Birthday Erin! I second what Shelly said, I love seeing pictures of you. It looks like you had a great birthday!
You are the cutest mom. Glad you had a great day- ice cream cake is so dang good :)
Happy Birthday Erin! I just found your blog! We should get together sometime since we never get to catch up at church. Hope you had a good birthday! See you soon-Britain Blakeslee
Happy Birthday Erin! I'm glad you had a fun day with some of your favorites and that you gave yourself the opportunity to realize so many things you're grateful for. Life really is pretty good, isn't it? I hope you bought some fun things at Target! You deserve it.
Dear Erin: I'm glad that you had a Happy Birthday. You a one of the many things we thankful for. Thank you for reminding us of all our blessings.
Bonnie and Norm
Post a Comment