Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Pictures











Sunday afternoon this was what I was doing making us late for church- taking pictures. If you have ever seen my children post-church you know why the 'before' picture was imperative. Earlier we had skyped (web cam) with Papa John and Papa Dixie so they could get a preview of the Easter clothes. Kohen was told many times that morning how handsome he was- and though he was looking pretty dapper it was more of an attempt to get him to keep it all on, as far as Nathan and I were concerned.
At church we sat next to a cute 16 yr old girl named Lauren. Kohen, apparently feeling confident in his stylish vest and tie, was talking in his man-voice to Lauren at one point saying all casually, "You can come to my house and watch a movie and we can have pizza, how 'bout that?" Everyone on the row with us busted up. A few minutes later, still using his man-voice he says, "My Dad has a Dad, his name is Norm. Don't worry, you'll meet him someday." Where does this stuff come from? I guess a little confidence goes a long way. After Sacrament meeting Lauren even took Kohen to Sunday school class- He wasn't acting all shy or smitten- he was totally casual and like it happens every day...what a boy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look so cute! You have a little man on your hands that will be a tough teenager in dating years. Where does he hear that stuff? So funny, yet he's so smooth! Sorry your last post I forgot to sign and then you got it twice. Baby brain!
Love, Rachel

Heather said...

Halarious... that is soo funny. I have to say he did look pretty sleek, the girls look SO cute and I totally know what you mean with the before church pictures.

Anonymous said...

oh man that comment about Nathan having a dad named Norm just cracks me up. It brings back memories of the whole stomin norman days. Glad you had a great easter. Love ya Tara

Anonymous said...

ok I typed that wrong I meant to say stormin norman. oops

Hannah said...

I love these stories! Gotta love Kohen hitting on a 16 year old! I wish I could have witnessed it. Thanks for the laugh!

Your kids all look gorgeous in their clothes :)

Anonymous said...

the whole thing had me laughing out loud! whatta man, whatta mighty fine man.. he is so GQ so young...watch yourselves. your girls looked so sweet and adorable. kadence was sporting the same dress and i am pretty sure she didn't look "sweet" like your ladies. :> btw - hows the hand graffiti going?:>

Anonymous said...

Erin I recall someone who also had a crying phase for special occasions ! It lasted for years so be prepaired! Ha Ha Dad.......

Unknown said...

EJ:
Your kids look awesome--of course with your sense of style and Nathan's metrosexuality that is to be expected!!

Sheila said...

Gotta Love It! Kohen, you are the MAN!

Adam & Jetta said...

HAHAHA!!!

Jana said...

That is the cutest story! What a cutie pie! He is so handsome...you're going to have to watch him.
By the way- the post-church looks, I know all about that. What are they doing in nursery that has my daughter's hair sticking every which way? :)

lllllll