Sunday, March 23, 2008

Old Habits



Man. This post is a bit embarrassing to share. I have to apologize to my Dad in advance. He has disliked this habit of mine since as long as I can remember. And I so wish I could say that I had kicked it but to be honest, since I've had children it has only gotten worse. So often I will think of something I need to do or buy and the only way to ensure it might happen is to write it on my hand. Papers get lost, planners aren't always readily available, sticky notes get misplaced...you get the idea... I'm making excuses. I know. I feel sheepish every time I am somewhere with other adults and my juvenile compulsion is exposed or discovered. Anyway, I'm not just sharing this to humiliate myself. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for me that might work as efficiently and be a bit more discreet???
Speaking of putting writing where it doesn't belong...Kohen found a pen and out of no where did a little drawing on the wall. He then proceeded to draw a line as he walked all the way upstairs and into the kitchen...Nathan and I estimate it is about 30-35 foot line. Arghhh! He was set to the task of scrubbing the wall but it is quite a large job and I fear you will always be able to see where the wall was scrubbed in certain lights...Is it me or does he look proud of his handy work in the first pic? Nothing a bit of elbow grease couldn't fix. :)



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Erin I always write stuff on my hands...lists for the store...or just to remember something. It's the best way to remember. I never thought of it as a bad habit till you just wrote this post....
I was going to tell you the magic eraser works wonders until I saw you are already on to it...

Jessie said...

Argggg my darn kids...sorry that wasn't Jackson!

Sheila said...

Never had this urge. Can you learn to live with a planner?

hf said...

Discreet? Try writing on the inside of your hand (palm). That's what I do...and it's not like you're walking around with your palms up everywhere for all to see your reminders. AND it rubs off pretty fast.

Heather said...

Sean gets really annoyed because I always have lists in my pockets. Sometimes these are less flattering than writing on hands though when I am stressed and lists begin to build up. If I remember something, I'll write it on whatever scrap is near and stick it in my back pocket. (along with other things like my debit card and liscence, lists to remind me where to go and more lists to remind me what to do when I get there... all my reciepts... you get the idea.) Not sure if this is better or worse. (He thinks it is pretty darn bad.) I just know that I have to go through my pocket during the day...

Hannah said...

Okay, I am a total list nut! I like having my lists in the computer because I can access them anywhere there is internet (hooray google!). But, I also have a little pad of paper in my purse to jot quick things down so that I can enter them into the computer later. OH yeah, I keep one by my bedside too for those ideas that pop in your head keeping you from sleep. It's an insomniacs best friend :)

lllllll