Saturday, March 8, 2008

Allergic Reaction


We were having pizza the other night- we bought it from the only place we buy it from here (Dominoes cuz it is cheap and close) and as usual all the children had Ranch dressing to dip their pizza in. Towards the end of dinner I look over and realize the red on Aly's face isn't pizza sauce but that she is having an allergic reaction to something. I grab her and hurry up stairs and put her in the tub and Nathan and I start washing her face. We gave her some Benadryl and after what seemed like a long time her face started to look better. She has had an allergic reaction before which involved hives and throwing up. Unfortunately there was no conclusive info after the testing that was done then- they just gave us the Epi Pens and sent us home. And since she was eating a meal she has eaten many times before we really have no idea what caused the reaction and probably never will. I really dislike not knowing. But I love how she is so serious about washing her face in the video :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that looks bad. Hope that she is all better! Love you guys. Tara

hf said...

Maile's face breaks out when she gets ranch on it...weird that it happens now after having pizza so many times before. hope she's all better now.

The Crowley's said...

i hope she is ok, it reminds me of Michael, still he will break out with some foods he has been fine with other times, its difficult to know exactly, it always looks worse than it is so that is good, amber

Hannah said...

What a scary reaction! Erica's little lips will get red whereever ranch touches her, but that's the extent of the reaction. I'm glad that you were able to get it under control. Maybe I should keep some Benedryl on hand.

Jessie said...

That is weird Erin...I had to take Hunter in for a scratch test when he was little because we couldn't figure out what the heck he was allergic to. His whole face would swell...we finally figured it out (yes we did and not the doctors) he is allergic to Ibuprofen....so whenever we gave him Mortin he would swell up...
I hope you can figure it out and don't have to use those epi pens....
Coop is allergic to Bee's so we have them for him....pain in the butt.....

shellydinger said...

Poor baby. She looks pretty content. Did you guys get a new pet rooster? The crowing in the background was lovely.

ej said...

lol, Shelly I wondered if anyone would notice our 'kitty' named Kennedy. She is so funny, she always crawls up to me and tells me that 'I get to have this kitty' and that I can share it with dad...lucky us :)

Anonymous said...

Can you get her tested? How scary!!!

lllllll