Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Party Like A RockStar


So this has nothing to do with the pictures but today I went to court to get this ticket waived for an expired inspection sticker G-A-Y. And I mean the stupid kind. So this is thankfully my first court experience. It is totally silent in there besides whoever else is up speaking to the judge and I was totally intimidated which was good cuz it was the only thing keeping me awake in such a quiet room. Suddenly the judge is calling out "Brin Jensen? Brin Jensen?" and I am thinking, do they mean me? Oh geez, he is just reading it wrong. So I kind of timidly call out, "Erin Jensen?" and the judge is like, "Oh yeah, Erin Marie Jensen, I am so sorry about that." Well, as far as I can tell it all came out in the wash because a few seconds later I called him "M'am" (I don't know, I was nervous!). I figure we are even...except for the $56 in court fees I had to pay. What a serious rip off. Waive the ticket fee but pay court costs. Some days I feel like all I do is bleed money. I really dislike those days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a few weeks since i habve been on your blog. Just got updated on your trip and i am jellous, but it looked awesome. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope that you are doing ok. I am thinking about you. tara

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I am still laughing so hard. Calling the judge ma'am. I wish I would have been there to hear it. Did anyone else in the room hear? That is the highlight of my day.

hf said...

Ma'am? who says that anymore?! jk. Did you ever find out how much the ticket was in the first place? maybe it would have been cheaper to just pay that instead of the court costs?

Jessie said...

I feel your pain Erin!
I hate tickets! But court is even worse!

Sarah said...

You are so brave. I've been to court once and was scared to death and I wasn't even by myself! Did the judge say anything about calling him Ma'am? Isn't it funny how super funny stories always come from what are suppose to be not funny situations?

Sheila said...

I hate it when people call me "Ma'am"! It makes me feel so old. I would have been one of the ones snickering on the back bench. So funny!

Hokie Family said...

I feel you! To go along with your last two blogs, I paid $1,100 to my dentist this last year for a crown and cleaning. Then right before I went back for my cavity appointment, my husband says, "Oh, I think I can get you dental insurance through my work." So I get it at $40 a month, and it turns out they don't cover filings, another $120 gone. I also love flushing money down the towel. I really don't understand why we must go through these financial lessons.

Heather said...

Among the skeletons in my closet is my driving record... but I have never said ma'm... congratulations :) and HOLY COW that trip looked so fun. It is snowing yet AGAIN here so I soaked in the sun of your post... and your kids are so adorable.

I was catching up on your blog and noticed your comment about skin cancer... due to NOT recieving a Christmas card this year (uhem):) you may ahve to excuse my lack of knowing... are you ok?

lllllll