this picture was taken after a full day of wear so I guess I'm saying I think I could do better but anyway, I finally think I like it. At first I loved it but by the end of the first day I was getting paranoid and thinking that people were lying that they liked it - the only real explanation for that is that I didn't get a nap that day so I wasn't really thinking straight. But at church some friends weighed in and I felt like they meant it when they said they liked it. Why does it matter so much what other people think? Hmm....just a sec, I'm having an introspective moment....okay it's over. Conclusion: I don't know why I would care if other people like my haircut, I don't want to care...I just do.
New subject. My children are easier some days than others, likewise, some days I really stink as a kind, caring, patient mother. Take yesterday. It is an involved story but all three kids have been sleep deprived the last few nights and so we are having some really long and trying days. When they are tired you can't even reason with them and it is so irritating. Kennedy and Kohen each hurt each other kind of on purpose while "playing" throughout the day and after a bloody nose for Kohen (by Kenna) and many tears from Kenna (by Kohen) I had about had it by the time Nathan got home. So for FHE we had Kennedy and Kohen make giant sized Valentines for each other and then make one for Aly together. It was fun to do all together though I doubt if it will have any long term effects but who knows. I just miss the parenting class that Sister Tanner gives in Boise. When going to those classes I felt like I was actively growing as a parent and parenting with the right perspective. It was so nice to feel inspired weekly about the important job that parenting is. I so don't want to fail my children in this area....
Sorry, that was a bit of a downer subject. Here, this will cheer you up. Yesterday I went to check Aly for a poopy diaper and totally stuck my finger right in it. I just want to say that this is one of those things no one mentions before you have children. It's one of those 'special' treats you get to discover all on your own, yay! :) That came off kind of depressing too. I didn't mean it that way, I am just saying, you gotta check the diaper, but for heaven's sake, check it gingerly!
Now, I have no idea if people have time to read rambling diatribes like this, maybe I'm the only one who does but I am going to go have some chocolate now which is sure to brighten my outlook on most anything.



10 comments:
diatribe! wow what a vocab! I really do like your haircut, btw.
Chocolate always helps! I'm the same way when I get a haircut, and I think it doesn't necessarily mean you care what people think, but I think it means I myself am still not sure what I think so hearing other people say they like it makes me think that I do too. Make sense? Once I gain "confidence" that I like it, it doesn't matter what people say. Anyway, just a thought. And I know I told you already, but I think you look adorable!
I'm sorry you've had some long days. I guarantee that you are a great parent even though you maybe can't feel/see the immediate effects of your efforts. Feel free to take a break and come visit me with your kids ;).
I will say (again) that I really like your hair cut. Actually- when you guys came over the other night I was thinking it was time for me to get "that" cut again- I cut it the same way last summer when in Boise. Anyway, man! Sometimes I just want to lock my self in the bathroom when Tay and Carter are at it. Ok so I admit- I have actually done that a couple of times when I really needed to have a conversation on the phone and I was tired of all of the whining at my legs. Erin- I love how you are always so upbeat and kind to your kids- even when they are giving each other bloody noses. :) There is so much shouting at my house....and it isn't just Carter and Tay :(
There is shouting on my part too y'all- I swear Kohen ignores me unless I shout half the time which obviously is something I must have reinforced. And thanks for the compliments guys :) I think you are right Hannah, you just help me decide I do like it and then I don't care if others do or not.
First of all Erin, I like your haircut. There is something wonderfully sassy and sophisticated about shorter hair. Also, sleep deprived kids make for sleep deprived mommies & daddies; which is a really bad mix, so hang in there! I know you are a good parent even on the bad days ;)
Your house and your days sound a lot like mine (and most other parents). My kids fight so much sometimes that I just send them off to different parts of the house or I tell them they aren't allowed to talk or play with each other. That's not what I had envisioned saying to my kids, but I am at a loss sometimes... my point being, you are not alone. I would love to have a parenting class out here--we are all new at this parenting thing, aren't we?
Your hair DOES look beautiful--like I told you on Sunday, it's a great cut for your face shape. It's simple, but at the same time, very stylish.
And, I don't find your entries "downers", I find them real and true. You have such a great way of expressing yourself, too!
I'll call you about vt-ing!
I love your hair, and am so jealous. You see ever since Ashton was born he has had an obsession with my hair. He loves to touch it and play with it. Most nights and naps he goes to sleep with a big handful of it(it's like a narcotic or something) and I have to pry it away just to leave the room. I've wanted to get a cute "shorter" cut for some time now, but wonder if I'll regret it those nights he's having trouble going to bed. Maybe I should just buy him one of those hair extention things and see if he goes for that...gross I know, but I'm at a loss.
I was being very genuine when I said I liked your hair cut. It is rally cute on you and if I didn't look so so bad in short hair it would make me want to cut mine. (and also that whole husband thing....)
Anyway I loved the super glue story. You didn't tell me that one on Sunday.....good to know....
Erin: Cute, cute, cute haircut! After reading your blog It reminded me so much of my life years ago that I went back and read in my journal. It read so similar to yours. Every, (and I mean every) FHE had the theme "cease to find fault one with another and love one another." I was sure that my children would never grow up and learn to love each other. But look at them now! Hang in there. You are doing a great job! Your children are blessed to have a mother and father that love them so much and teach them so well. You are their heros. They are learning qualities that will be passed down for generations. Keep up the good work!Love,Bonnie
erin, I love you. You have such a great way of telling things! it always makes me smile! your haircut looks great and we ALL care what other people think... I've been considering the short hair (don't tell mark, i haven't dared shock him with the idea yet) but am MAKING myself wait until the baby is 6 months old and i've lost my baby weight... so watch for my short haircut picture sometime next fall... :)
Post a Comment