
Kohen has been driving Nathan and I a bit crazy lately. We switched the kids' rooms around and now no one is getting their normal amount of sleep. Hence the mischief and sour moods. Last night when I got Aly out of her high chair after dinner she was all wet because her diaper had leaked (trying to save money I tried an 'off brand' diaper and have been paying for it every day since. Note to self: Diapers are not a place to cut corners. I will not betray my 'Luvs' again!) so I headed upstairs with her to put her in the tub. So there I am washing Aly off when in walks Kohen. He starts peeling off his clothes to get in too. I asked him what he was doing cuz he had had a shower that morning. He calmly explained that he had peed his pants so that he too could have a bath. WHAT!? Unfortunately he was not teasing. My perfectly, accident free potty trained 3 1/2 year old peed his pants so he could play in the bath. Totally irritated I told him that if he really wanted a bath all he had to do was say so and the look of realization that crossed over his face was priceless, like "ohhhh...that
would have been easier." So, Kohen got his bath and then a bit later everyone was in bed but of course not asleep. After a quick escalation of trouble Nathan shut Kohen's door. Then we hear sharp bangs on the door. So of course he gets in trouble for kicking the door. A bit later I go in there to talk with him and explain better that he got a consequence for kicking the door. He said emphatically, " I
not kick the door." I replied, "Yes you did, I heard you." and he said, "But I didn't!" Suddenly understanding I asked, "Did you hit the door?" and kind of sheepishly he answered, "Yeah...wis my hands." Well potatoe,
patatoe kiddo- we don't strike the door. Nathan and I did have to laugh though that Kohen was lobbying for a pardon on the technicality of being accused of breaking a rule with a different appendage then the one he used. We had to give him points for thinking outside the box...
7 comments:
Okay, this is too too funny! I can't believe he peed his pants just to get a bath. The logic that runs through a little kid's brain is so classic! I'm also impressed that you were able to figure out his "half" truth by realizing he must have used his hand. Kids are way smarter than we give them credit!
I love that ohhhh look like they just totally got it....
He is too funny...I love that picture too....
smart kid, i love my baths too but I don't think i am that desperate, but maybe the next time the kids are driving me crazy i will use that method with Mike, it may work
Priceless Kohen! My kids love their baths too! The never get out until the water is turning cold. Brrrrr!
What a smart kid! You have a great way of wording things! Your pictures are so great! I also decided to never cut corners on diapers again. And, I admire anyone who uses cloth diapers.
hahahaha ohhh kohen. how i miss the Jensen clan :)
Ashley was once on a bandaid kick, and when I realized that we were wasting money on made-up injuries, I told her she did not get a bandaid unless she was bleeding. A few days later, she bit her toe until it was bleeding, just to get a bandaid. YIKES.
Post a Comment