Thursday, February 28, 2008

Reason # 1,834,269


Reason #1,834,269 Why I Love My Husband: After a super busy day that included a lot of cooking without time to clean up after myself, we had finished eating dinner and I reluctantly turned toward the ground zero that was my kitchen. As I picked up the brush to dig in Nathan says, "What are you doing? Back-away-from-the-dishes." I turn around to see if he is serious (not wanting to dare hope I would get out of the mess I had made when he had done the dishes the previous 3 nights before) and he picks up a dirty spoon to legitimize his threat as he repeated, "Back-away-from-the-dishes!" I put up a weak protest but quickly gave in to his demand and when I started to thank him (I threw in a few *swack*s for good measure) his reply was, "It's no problem. It is your least favorite job...and it isn't mine." What does it say about me when I find gestures such as this totally romantic?

7 comments:

Corinne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinne said...

Reason #1,834,269 that I make Drew read your blog! :)

The Crowley's said...

I always knew the girl that married my brother was a very lucky lady. I have to say that he has always been this great!

Sheila said...

When you find it totally romantic it says "I've found a winner"! Way to go Nathan! Dishes do bite...

Heather said...

ahwwwwwwwww. :)

Jessie said...

Seriously how did you get him to do that? I love your husband now too...I need him to give Conwey a few pointers....

MKB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

lllllll