Monday, February 11, 2008

Super Glue Has Many Uses

Super Glue has many uses. Today I used it to glue my son's head back together. During nap time he kept getting up and at one point came in our room saying there was blood on his pillow. Thinking it was probably just another bloody nose I let Nathan take care of it. When he came back in he said something about Kohen hitting his head but that he was fine. Well, Kohen continued to dink around so when he finally fell asleep it was time to get up. Nathan and the girls left for church and I waited 20 min. or so for Kohen to wake up. When I went to spiff him up I discovered a blood clot in his hair. So I clean the area up and discover a full on hole in his head. True it was small- a bit smaller than a mini M&M- but it was like a perfectly punctured hole. I sit there thinking, I'm obviously not taking him to the ER but I can't just leave it open...so I lay Kohen in my lap, grab the Super Glue and seal up his head. I heard that collective gasp, relax, Super Glue is just like what they use in the hospital and taking a lesson from my dad I have sealed up several splits in fingers before. The stuff works great.
And in Nathan's defense it was difficult to see and because of the clot it looked more like a scratch and not really a big deal. Poor Kohen. His dad sent him back to bed with a hole in his head and his mom went all back woods on him and 'fixed' it herself with Super Glue.

6 comments:

hf said...

Nice! gotta get me some of that!

Anonymous said...

How in the world did he get a hole in his head? Did he tell you? Poor little fella.

ej said...

Yes, he fell and somehow hit the side of his head on the bottom corner of the dresser...

Kristin said...

Erin you are hilarious! Kohen is one tough kid! Now he can tell everyone he had his head glued back together like the nursery rhyme!

Hannah said...

I have a brother in law that uses super glue all the time for cuts and stuff. He was a basketball player, too! It sounds like it works to me!

Heather said...

I did this for Emeline's split eyebrow once. Unfortunately, it wasn't so smooth a transaction (my finger stuck to the glue and when I pulled it off, it pulled the whole thing open agai, leaving glue inside and baking the gap too wide)and now she is forever scarred... I wish I had had a scalp to practice on first... You lucky duck :)

lllllll