No. I'm not joking. Kohen has done it again. I am shocked Child Protective Services haven't converged on our home, I mean this can't all be just typical boy stuff...can it???
Sunday morning Kohen stood up on the seat of his kitchen chair and somehow fell. I was standing with my back turned to him and I turn to find him splayed out face down on the floor. Thinking he must have whacked his head I hurry and pick him up. He cried for a minute and then stopped and pointed to his foot. Already swelling and bruising a bit I got some ice for him. But in typical Kohen fashion pretty soon he is up limping around but otherwise back to normal. The only other sign of pain was that he wouldn't put his left shoe on for church because it hurt. By Monday I had made an appointment with the Dr. who saw him when he broke his wrist about this time last year, but actually cancelled it because Kohen was running around the house like normal. If I pressed on the area he would pull his foot away but that was it. So, embarassed I called back and said, "Just kidding about that last cancel, we are still coming in." Kohen actually has a high pain tolerance - unless Kennedy has done something to him, then he has zero tolerance- and so it can be hard to tell how bad an injury is.
So we get to the appointment and Kohen turns into the chattiest boy ever. At times it was funny and other parts I wanted to crawl into a hole somewhere. Like when he told the Dr. that he had broken his arm, and he had a big scratch on his head, and his foot hurts when his mom "squishes it all day"- I was totally blushing at that point so I said, "Excuse me, Kohen?" (I totally had to interupt him) he said, 'yeah?' so I said, "how is that apple you got there?" he says 'good' as he looks down at the one bite out of it. Hoping to curb the tidal wave of less than flattering information I suggested, "why don't you go ahead and eat your apple."
Anyway, obviously, he has broken his foot. They gave him a walking cast and it is just like a miniature of what I had this summer- except it is cute because it is little. Who knew they made them that small? But it is so heavy- he has already bruised my shin while I was lifting him, and stepped on Aly's foot accidentally. He is like Robo-cop around here with this big clunky thing on his foot. At least now I can tell anywhere he walking in the house. I just listen for the 'Thunk! silence. Thunk! silence. Thunk! silence. Thunk!'
And as I was trying to get a picture of his boot he treated us to an example of the kind of behavior that keeps our insurance company in business:



7 comments:
Oh my gosh I can't believe it's broken! At church he was just walking around on it....that is crazy!
When Jackson was 4 he broke his leg snowbaording at Sundance and was in a full cast for 8 weeks! I thought the crutches would for sure slow him down a bit but no way...he could cruise faster than I have have ever seen someone go on those things!
Is Kohen going to have to get a regular cast? If not you are oh so lucky because those things itch!
Call if you need anything!
Wow Erin - do you have an absolute true blue boys boy or what? What a mess, but James and I got a good laugh out of it.
I would say poor baby but it almost looks like he's enjoying it. Those last pictures crack me up though. I remember doing the same thing when I was little.
Yeah, he is definitely not broken up about it (no pun intended). He thinks his boot is cool enough, if not a little annoying when sleeping. I think this is just a minor inconvenience for him...
What a brave Kohen! He really is a little boy through and through! I'll have to call you the first time I have my first "emergency" in my house...I will have no idea what to do!
I love how you had to try to distract him so that he would stop talking to the doctor about how his mom "squishes" his foot. So funny!
Remember the Saturday night live episode when Mike Myers was harnessed to the playground equipment with a helmet? You might want to think about that...
lol, I totally remember that! I believe there was a chocolate bar involved, Kohen would dig that :)
Post a Comment