
Don't be deceived by all the shiny, happy, wholesome-looking girls on the box. If you eat what is in that box you won't feel shiny, happy OR wholesome! The problem is, the cookies only come around once a year, and the $ supposedly goes towards those cute little girl scouts selling the cookies, and those two reasons always seem to compel me to impulse buy them (for a 'good cause' I tell myself, ignoring the fact that clogged arteries are not exactly a 'good cause') and to buy more now because you can't buy them later which is classic supply and demand. I thought I was doing so good this year not having bought any cookies (though mostly because I hadn't had the opportunity) until Sat. when Nathan was out with Kennedy running errands and I was out with Kohen and Aly running errands and I was STARVING. Naturally when Nathan called and said, "they are selling girl scout cookies, do we want some?" I replied, "Yes, and get a lot!" I was so delirious with hunger he could have offered to bring home gourmet dog biscuits and I couldn't have been responsible for giving him the okay. So, I beat him back home and was able to eat something and as the immediate hunger subsided I started worrying about the license I had given Nathan in the phrase 'get a lot'. Yeah, he came home with four different kinds of cookies...oh boy. Now, I hardly ever eat so much that I get sick. Rarely do I do that. But Sunday night, I don't know what came over me. I ate my entire daily caloric intake in girl scout cookies alone! I felt so sick- just looking at them made me feel gross. The picture above is what is left after the cookie massacre, minus the box of Samoa's which were the first to bite the dust. In my defense, Nathan did help...a little. So today, Monday, I am feeling better and that overly full sensation is starting to fade into a distant memory...until I went to get something out of the freezer and saw what is pictured below...CURSES!...Duty Calls!
2 comments:
Dang! I missed out on the girl scout cookies this year. In Utah they just set up stands on every corner of the city. I say it's worth it to get sick once a year. Eat some for me!
I missed them too! Where are the girls scouts when you need cookies! Erin, you bought all of my favorites too!
Post a Comment